Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lights always on question

Lights always on question

Hi, this is my first post. My brother bought a very nice 2003 Marauder a few years ago, it's the deep/dark blue color and in great shape, under 100k miles, and has tons of mods. The previous owner did a lot of work to it. It has the trilogy supercharger, with smaller pulley, longtubes, exhaust, intake, etc. When he bought it we had it dyno tuned and installed larger injectors and a larger MAF also. I believe it made ~460whp. It has a very high stall converter, and I believe 4.10 gearing. The car launches hard, and is very quick. In the few years he has had it we've done a bunch of maintenance, basically all fluids (including supercharger oil, transmission fluid, diff fluid, coolant, flushed brake fluid, etc). We did complete brake job, added SS lines, etc. The car is well tuned up at this point, but there's a few minor things we are tryihg to remedy. To make a somewhat hard to follow ownership path even more confusing, the car now belongs to my father, as my brother moved to the north east and couldn't get it to pass emissions. After sitting for a year he gave it to my dad in Florida. It wouldn't run at that point, and we found the FPDM was bad, replaced it and disconnected the boost a pump and put in a larger fuel pump into the factory bucket. Since then, running great again.

The car has tons of other aftermarket stuff (massive subwoofers, amps, etc.). Has a crazy sound system, though it is dated at this point. I just found out the moonroof/sunroof was not factory and was added aftermarket. All the headliner, ABC pillars are wrapped in suade, etc. It even has a custom under hood insulation pad that says "supercharged" lol. Some of it is a little tacky.....like the 22" wheels it had when purchased, which were swapped out rather quickly.

On to the big question. The headlights, parking lights, and tail lights stay on at all times unless the key is in the off position. If you turn the key/ignition to RUN, even with the headlight switch OFF, they stay on. My dad just had the lighting module recall done about 2 months ago, and we just replaced the headlight switch. It is still doing it. They used to flicker sometimes (don't think there was a ryhm or reason), but we are not sure if they are still flickering with the new parts. When they are turned on at the switch, though, they don't flicker as far as I know.

The aftermarket sunroof wires are tapped into two different fuses under the dash. The positive I believe is tapped into fuse 27. The negative to fuse 15 I believe. I can check all this with my father, I'm going from memory, but I believe both of these fuses had something to do with the lighting module. I'm wondering if these wires tapping into these locations could cause the lighting issue somehow.

Also, the under hood fuse compartment has a relay in spot 209, but according to the owners manual and google searches it should not be there, it was for a 2004 model and for High beam disable with fog lamp.

Lastly, at the under hood fuse compartment, spot 208 is listed as moonroof, but is empty. I guess it was not an option for 2003 from what I've read. There is a wire tapped into it, but I'm guessing this is for the intercooler water pump.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but wanted to provide as much info as possible. The car isn't mine, but I do most of the work on it and know about it mechanically more than my father and brother. I live 700 miles away from the car but work on it when I visit. Trying to figure this issue out for them, as they've been investing money into it to get it back to tip top shape.

Thanks in advance for any help, I'm kind of stumped on this lighting issue. Also, if anyone wants any pictures or any other info let me know, it is a very cool and clean car. I know you all have marauders, but this one was well taken care of (though we know it was run hard), and from what I understand the color is pretty rare even amongst marauders.

Do you think it may have one of those daytime running lamp modules? My headlamps on my car stay on all the time and boy are they dim. I am planning to get it to FastBlackMerc for some electrical help. He is the guru! I may have the same setup. Who the hector wants daytime lamps? I don't get it, but many newer cars have them too.
    2003 300A
    Widened Rear Wheels with 295 45 Nitto G2's
    Eaton Swapped by Curless
    Brake Upgrade
    Mo's Tune
    JLT Intake
    Addco Sway Bars
    ADTR Coil Over Suspension
    Metco Control Arms & Watts Link
    SW Headers and Exhaust
    Accessories By FastBlackMerc
    4.10 Gears
    Aeroforce Gauges
    Pantherlights Headlamps

You can never have enough lights on or loud enough exhaust to keep others in check..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    You can never have enough lights on or loud enough exhaust to keep others in check..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    THAT makes sense brother!
    2003 300A
    Widened Rear Wheels with 295 45 Nitto G2's
    Eaton Swapped by Curless
    Brake Upgrade
    Mo's Tune
    JLT Intake
    Addco Sway Bars
    ADTR Coil Over Suspension
    Metco Control Arms & Watts Link
    SW Headers and Exhaust
    Accessories By FastBlackMerc
    4.10 Gears
    Aeroforce Gauges
    Pantherlights Headlamps

Quote Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
    Hi, this is my first post. My brother bought a very nice 2003 Marauder a few years ago, it's the deep/dark blue color and in great shape, under 100k miles, and has tons of mods. The previous owner did a lot of work to it. It has the trilogy supercharger, with smaller pulley, longtubes, exhaust, intake, etc. When he bought it we had it dyno tuned and installed larger injectors and a larger MAF also. I believe it made ~460whp. It has a very high stall converter, and I believe 4.10 gearing. The car launches hard, and is very quick. In the few years he has had it we've done a bunch of maintenance, basically all fluids (including supercharger oil, transmission fluid, diff fluid, coolant, flushed brake fluid, etc). We did complete brake job, added SS lines, etc. The car is well tuned up at this point, but there's a few minor things we are tryihg to remedy. To make a somewhat hard to follow ownership path even more confusing, the car now belongs to my father, as my brother moved to the north east and couldn't get it to pass emissions. After sitting for a year he gave it to my dad in Florida. It wouldn't run at that point, and we found the FPDM was bad, replaced it and disconnected the boost a pump and put in a larger fuel pump into the factory bucket. Since then, running great again.

The car has tons of other aftermarket stuff (massive subwoofers, amps, etc.). Has a crazy sound system, though it is dated at this point. I just found out the moonroof/sunroof was not factory and was added aftermarket. All the headliner, ABC pillars are wrapped in suade, etc.

FYI... a metal panel is a sunroof, a glass panel is a moonroof.

It even has a custom under hood insulation pad that says "supercharged" lol. Some of it is a little tacky.....like the 22" wheels it had when purchased, which were swapped out rather quickly.

On to the big question. The headlights, parking lights, and tail lights stay on at all times unless the key is in the off position. If you turn the key/ignition to RUN, even with the headlight switch OFF, they stay on. My dad just had the lighting module recall done about 2 months ago, and we just replaced the headlight switch. It is still doing it. They used to flicker sometimes (don't think there was a ryhm or reason), but we are not sure if they are still flickering with the new parts. When they are turned on at the switch, though, they don't flicker as far as I know.

The aftermarket sunroof wires are tapped into two different fuses under the dash. The positive I believe is tapped into fuse 27.

I'd probably not use the #27 fuse as it runs the cornering lamps and the high beams. Use #15 as that is what the facotry uses for the moonroof.

The negative to fuse 15 I believe.

The negative CAN NOT be attached to a fuse. That need to be grounded.

I can check all this with my father, I'm going from memory, but I believe both of these fuses had something to do with the lighting module. I'm wondering if these wires tapping into these locations could cause the lighting issue somehow.

Also, the under hood fuse compartment has a relay in spot 209, but according to the owners manual and google searches it should not be there, it was for a 2004 model and for High beam disable with fog lamp.

Pull the relay and see what doesn't work and go from there.

Lastly, at the under hood fuse compartment, spot 208 is listed as moonroof, but is empty. I guess it was not an option for 2003 from what I've read. There is a wire tapped into it, but I'm guessing this is for the intercooler water pump.

Pull the relay and see if the intercooler pump stops working. Check the Trilology manual to see where the intercooler pump should be connected.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but wanted to provide as much info as possible. The car isn't mine, but I do most of the work on it and know about it mechanically more than my father and brother. I live 700 miles away from the car but work on it when I visit. Trying to figure this issue out for them, as they've been investing money into it to get it back to tip top shape.

Thanks in advance for any help, I'm kind of stumped on this lighting issue. Also, if anyone wants any pictures or any other info let me know, it is a very cool and clean car. I know you all have marauders, but this one was well taken care of (though we know it was run hard), and from what I understand the color is pretty rare even amongst marauders.
    Congrats on the acquisition.

See my responses in RED
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Check the power distribution box under the hood. If there is a 20A fuse in position 11, remove it.

Good luck and post some pictures of the Marauder.

Do you think it may have one of those daytime running lamp modules? My headlamps on my car stay on all the time and boy are they dim. I am planning to get it to FastBlackMerc for some electrical help. He is the guru! I may have the same setup. Who the hector wants daytime lamps? I don't get it, but many newer cars have them too.
    I understand why they have daytime running lights, which I don't really care if they are there or not, but I don't believe that's what's going on here. Isn't DRL just the headlights? Not the amber corner lamps and tail lights? I have no idea if this year/model has a DRL moduel. From quick online searches I don't believe it does...

Congrats on the acquisition.

See my responses in RED
    Thanks, I will look at all this. The moonroof wiring is quite odd. I didn't fully trace the wires but pulling the wires out of those fuses they're tapped into renders the moonroof inoperable. So obviously thats where it's tied in. I need to spend more time on this next time I'm aroudn the car, understanding how this is tied in...

Check the power distribution box under the hood. If there is a 20A fuse in position 11, remove it.

Good luck and post some pictures of the Marauder.
    I see this is the DRL fuse. Would this mean the car has a DRL module? And that it could be faulty?

Thanks for the help. I'll work on getting some pictures up... We have also found youtube videos of the car from the previous owner also (burnouts, etc. lol).

20190714_082642.jpg20200319_181741.jpg

Here's a few pics. I'll try to get my dad to send some underhood and interior pics sometime...

Also, I just text my dad and he said there is no fuse in spot 11 under the hood.

Is it a Canadian Marauder?
    All had running daytime lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it a Canadian Marauder?
    All had running daytime lights.
    It very well may be, I'll try to find out for sure. The guy my brother bought it from said he had got it from his brother who was in Canada. Who knows where it originated from, though.

Am I wrong thinking DRL is only headlights, and does not include the markers and tail lights? And the lights would even be on when the headlight switch is in the OFF position?

Is the cluster in KM primary? That would be Canadian issued
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Did this have the LCM recall performed at the dealer?
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I believe the cluster is MPH primary. It did just have the LCM recall done. Didnt seem to change or fix anything.

Quote Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
    I believe the cluster is MPH primary. It did just have the LCM recall done. Didnt seem to change or fix anything.
    Take a look under the dash at the LCM wiring harness. The LCM "fix" is hacking the wiring under the dash. There have been reports of problems with the lights after the "fix".
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Thanks, I found this recall online and read through it. Really wish we would have known earlier about the details of it, we wouldnt have done it. Too late now...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information