Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lights always on question

Definitely have the LCM "fix" checked.
    Is it possible that the lights are in the "auto" position? A long long time ago I worked on something (I think a Corvette) which had a bad photo cell and the lights would come on with the key day or night. Might be that simple.
    2003 300a Trilogy #? 4.10s
    2000 Excursion limited v10
    1997 F350 7.3 5spd 4x4 (service truck)
    1992 Taurus SHO vortec SC 5spd
    1971 GMC 2500 pickup
    1971 GMC 2500 suburban 4x4
    1967 Camaro (basket case)

Yes it doesnt matter what position the headlight switch is in. Auto, off, parking lamps, or on. Headlights, corner lamps, and tail lamps only turn off once ignition is turned off.

Got a few more pics from my dad...

The pics in the trunk of the sound system are from when we had it ripped apart troubleshooting the fuel system and eventually disconnected the BAP, replaced the FPDM, and put in a larger fuel pump. The interior speakers are all upgraded too, someone put a lot of money into it lol.

one.jpgTwo.jpg20191031_140317.jpg20191031_140413.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
    Got a few more pics from my dad...

The pics in the trunk of the sound system are from when we had it ripped apart troubleshooting the fuel system and eventually disconnected the BAP, replaced the FPDM, and put in a larger fuel pump. The interior speakers are all upgraded too, someone put a lot of money into it lol.

one.jpgTwo.jpg20191031_140317.jpg20191031_140413.jpg
    While it def looks a bit rough in the trunk (for the reasons you mentioned) that equipment is a pretty penny. The four channel amp is listing for $900 used and the subwoofer amp on the right is selling for just under $500 used on Ebay. That's big money for used gear. Definitely do not mistreat the stereo. Have it removed professionally if you can and sell it off in pieces...Equipment like that is really cool to a lot of people. It's a shame when it gets tossed around. I know that had nothing to do with your light issue, but I figure $1400 worth of equipment your family may not want/need is a great boost to your car care budget. I'm sure there are others on here that may want to purchase your system, and who also have ideas for a less "obtrusive" system if you wanna get out of the four subwoofer world. Your car is a cool almost time capsule example of high end equipment when the car was new.
    Last edited by Peace2Peep; 01-07-2021 at 11:11 AM.
    2003 300A
    Widened Rear Wheels with 295 45 Nitto G2's
    Eaton Swapped by Curless
    Brake Upgrade
    Mo's Tune
    JLT Intake
    Addco Sway Bars
    ADTR Coil Over Suspension
    Metco Control Arms & Watts Link
    SW Headers and Exhaust
    Accessories By FastBlackMerc
    4.10 Gears
    Aeroforce Gauges
    Pantherlights Headlamps

I may have mislead with my post.... While the audio equipment isn't something we would have invested money one, my dad has no intention of removing it. It's part of the car. And while he doesn't have interest in rattling people with massive bass, it does sound great. We may change the headunit, just because it is so dated and old looking. It is also old and making buzzing sounds, I think it is probably on it's last leg.

Just wanted to show examples of all what was put into this car. It is clean, rust free, and has a lot of aftermarket invested. It's certainly not "perfect" or a show car, but it's very very nice. It also hauls *ss lol for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
    I may have mislead with my post.... While the audio equipment isn't something we would have invested money one, my dad has no intention of removing it. It's part of the car. And while he doesn't have interest in rattling people with massive bass, it does sound great. We may change the headunit, just because it is so dated and old looking. It is also old and making buzzing sounds, I think it is probably on it's last leg.

Just wanted to show examples of all what was put into this car. It is clean, rust free, and has a lot of aftermarket invested. It's certainly not "perfect" or a show car, but it's very very nice. It also hauls *ss lol for what it is.
    Ahhh! Ok, got it! So glad you love it, cuz it looks such a great car... Well at least you got one stereo fan's opinion about the awesomeness of what you have. (Ha!) Stereo installs and customizing is an increasingly expensive proposition these days, you know? Some people (not you) can underestimate that. There are a lot of great head units out there now...enjoy the plethora of possibilities! We are in an amazing age of stereo options!

We are all here to help, let us know if you need anything else...(I also have the daytime headlamps thing going on and will find a way to disable it so help me God!)
    2003 300A
    Widened Rear Wheels with 295 45 Nitto G2's
    Eaton Swapped by Curless
    Brake Upgrade
    Mo's Tune
    JLT Intake
    Addco Sway Bars
    ADTR Coil Over Suspension
    Metco Control Arms & Watts Link
    SW Headers and Exhaust
    Accessories By FastBlackMerc
    4.10 Gears