Hi Guys,
Thought I'd do a little write up on this job, so if someone has to do it, maybe this will help a bit.
The crankshaft sensor is located on the front of the block, passenger side. It looks a lot like the camshaft sensor on the drivers side front of block.
When you order a new crankshaft sensor, I suggest paying a little extra for the motorcraft part. I bought a knock off the 1st time around and the connector pins were to wide and wouldnt fit into the sensor lead wire receptacle.

1st remove the 8 mm head bolt holding the sensor in place. This will allow you to wiggle the sensor, but not remove it completely because that dang AC compressor blocks complete removal.

2nd remove the three long bolts holding the AC compressor to the block. The tranny cooling lines are nutted down to one of these 3 bolts, so remove that nut.

3rd position those stupid tranny cooling lines out of your way. You may need to disconnect the bracket mid length on the lines where they attach to the block halfway back to the tranny. Hopefully this gives you enough room. If not, you may have to disconnect more stuff that will leak if you have fluid in the tranny.

As the bolts come out the AC compressor will start to move. Wear safety glasses as one of them tends to drop out unexpectedly.

4th Remove the old sensor, put the new one in. Before putting it in make sure the lead wire connector fits properly. Secure with 8mm head bolt.

5th Rotate the belt tensioner to loosen belt. I used a square vise grip type clamp on the tensioner and a block of wood to hold the clamp in the loosened belt position. A friend can hold it in place as well.

6th Secure AC compressor back to the block; seems like getting the bolt on the high side of the AC compressor started 1st helped with getting the other two started. Reattach the tranny cooling lines (grrrr)

7th Connect sensor lead wire

8th Release tensioner.

Enjoy
-KK