Thread: Wiring help!!!

Wiring help!!!

Hi all, new to the forum as I’ve never had any problems with my 04 Marauder before lol. I come in search of help with wiring for my ignition switch. Long story short I go to turn my car on and I have no lights or power to my dash and no power to any accessories. I’ve chased the problem to no power to pin out B1 and B5 (2 constant power brown wires) on the ignition switch or at the fuse panel and all the fuses are good and none of the wires from what I can see are broke. If I jump power from the light green wire on my ignition switch to B1 or B5 the car starts and runs like a champ. When direct power is removed from B1/B5 everything dies. Does anyone know where these 2 wires B1/B5 go so I can check for a break/short to ground or any other location I can check to see if a part or plug is somehow messed up. Thanks in advance!

Sorry to say this, has your LCM been serviced or did you have the recall done? It sounds like the LCM went bad.
    You can have it repaired. Don’t do the recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLACKMARAUDER04 Sadly the lighting control module was "fixed" with the crap "fix" where they cut and spliced in that god awful "box" or whatever they want to call that add-on at my local Ford dealership and they dis a ***** job at it for sure. I do need to dig into fixing there jerry rigged wiring job they did. That aside, when i jump power from the light green constant power wire to the brown wire at B1 or B5 on the ignition switch everything works accordingly, car starts up like nothings wrong and doesnt throw any codes or store any codes plus all my lights, locks, windows, seats, trunk, ect. all work. I just cant seem to see where the brown wire goes once it leaves the under dash fuse panel from fuse location 19. I HATE to do things jerry rigged but if i cant trace down the brown wires i might have to put a in line fuse and bridge the light green constant power wire to the (supposed to be) constant power brown wires either at at B1 or B5. If i dont jump those wires i get absolutely no power to anything OTHER THAN my door locks, interior entry lights, and my headlights but NO brake lights tho the switch is working. Sorry for the long reply but im trying to be as thorough as possible.

The dealer probably did not do the splicing job correctly. I would take it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1 is fed from the battery junction box fuse F1.112 50 amp.

B5 feeds the central junction box F2.22 20 amp then goes off to multifunction switch, brake switch, and deactivated switch.

The brown wire leaving fuse 19? I only see a Dark Green feeding the following:

High mount stop light
    Driver door module
    Brake shift interlock
    PCM
    ABS control module
    Speed control actuator
    Multifunction switch

This was all easily found on AlldataDIY. Best thing since the invention of wet wipes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Thread Information