Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 829 whp Marauder

Build it and they will come!!!!!
    • 82 GT coyote swap started
    • 03 300a Marauder, stroked,cammed,T/S Trilogy Supercharged # 216,Best Et 10.77@129.72 on slicks, 93 pump gas. driven to the track.
    • 2011 GT 500, 3.4 whipple,93 pump gas,10.47@133,Driven to the track.
    • 2003 azura blue Mach 1, cobra motor,2.9 Whipple,crusher inlet,built 4r70w trans,04 IRS rear.full weight street car, Corn Fed

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    I’m not sure where to even start besides saying the engine is only one piece of a very expensive puzzle. Assuming you could make the power off the D1 there is still >

Larger throttle body
    Full exhaust
    Larger MAF
    Manual tensioner
    8 rib set up
    Overdriven lower pulley
    Tiny upper pulley
    Probably increasing the blower piping size
    Making it all a fully welded and V band clamp set up or your in for a nightmare of pipes blowing off.
    Larger BOV
    Complete new fuel system and wiring
    Trans
    Converter
    Driveshaft
    Fully built rear
    New drag radials
    Brakes if you want to slow the girl on down
    And suspension to keep it planted

I’m know damn well I left off a couple grand in the smalls.

Also now we’re talking about a car that didn’t come from the factory with a power adder such as the CTS/V that you’re wanting to school. That automatically puts you keeps you above 11.49 per NHRA until you get a roll cage.. Not even mentioning the small list of other things you’ll have to address to compete properly and safely.

I’d love to see another quick Marauder but guys like me have spent a decade or more basically repurchasing the car more than once in just parts and just feel the need to warn you how quickly it adds up and point out that the only thing on this car that’s bulletproof is the frame..

You got an AWESOME street car. Once you turn up the wick beyond that your putting a lot of trust in aftermarket parts. I trust my car as it’s been 100% trouble free for seven years now. But guess what? Anytime it goes to the track or crosses a state line to go to meets its on a trailer. Homie goes out to have fun, Homie doesn’t need headaches this late in life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    ^^^THIS^^^, I was a little over 50k in mods with mine, cost of parts have gone up expediently since then, most of my track time was Woodward, fun times.

And when it breaks, it breaks. As Bob said, trailer it everywhere, and when it breaks, you can get home with no worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

It's good to see new guys modding 4.6 DOHCs and making their Marauders fast!
    I'm too old to fight that battle again...
    As others have said;
    Making a 4,200 lb 4 door sedan with an automatic transmission and a 281 CID V8 run quick is a major undertaking.
    If I had the gumption to buy another Marauder.... it'd be a 5.0 Coyote build at a minimum.

As other, smarter members know....the only way to make a 4.6 V8 run quickly....is with major league forced induction!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Joe Walsh; 02-15-2021 at 02:43 PM.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
    It's good to see new guys modding 4.6 DOHCs and making their Marauders fast!
    I'm too old to fight that battle again...
    As others have said;
    Making a 4,200 lb 4 door sedan with an automatic transmission and a 281 CID V8 run quick is a major undertaking.
    If I had the gumption to buy another Marauder.... it'd be a 5.0 Coyote build at a minimum.

As other, smarter members know....the only way to make a 4.6 V8 run quickly....is with major league forced induction!

Or an LS swap, with forced induction

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Imagine spending $100k, still street legal, but not being reliable enough to jump in for a road trip. Unless it is non-legal non-registrable, I don't get the trailering it everywhere. Reminds me of the harley guys that only ride from bar to bar locally, and then trailer their bikes to sturgis.. I don't get it. Part of the fun is the road trip there.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Marauder #357 of 3213 - Built and Eaton swapped - "MERCD"
    '21 F150 XLT 5.0 Sport
    '18 Chevy Malibu Redline
    '15 Mustang GT, performance package
    '01 BMW 740i M-Sport, manual swapped
    '97 Lincoln Town Car (black on black)
    '10 Harley Ultra Limited
    '08 Kawasaki ZX6R
    '03 Grand Marquis(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownMaraud3r View Post
    Imagine spending $100k, still street legal, but not being reliable enough to jump in for a road trip. Unless it is non-legal non-registrable, I don't get the trailering it everywhere. Reminds me of the harley guys that only ride from bar to bar locally, and then trailer their bikes to sturgis.. I don't get it. Part of the fun is the road trip there.
    Fast cars break stuff, just that simple.

I had 2 HD touring bikes, a screamin eagle road king and a screamin eagle Electra glide, ever ride 800+ miles on a bike? There are those that do, but sometimes it is just rough as we all age different.

As for the trailer, it’s just good knowing you can get your ride home if it breaks and you don’t have to leave it at a unknown garage or inconvenience an out of town buddy by leaving it at their place.

My car was reliable, till it blew the trans and converter out locally during some “spirited” local driving, but the trailer came in handy for fetching my buddies cars that broke and we had to get them back to their place

Actually yes, many times and on a crotch rocket to boot. It's made to be ridden, not hard parking in front of a bar.

I get the trailer, would suck to drive cross country and then break down at a track somwehere. But when going for a street meat, like looseville, getting there is half the fun.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Marauder #357 of 3213 - Built and Eaton swapped - "MERCD"
    '21 F150 XLT 5.0 Sport
    '18 Chevy Malibu Redline
    '15 Mustang GT, performance package
    '01 BMW 740i M-Sport, manual swapped
    '97 Lincoln Town Car (black on black)
    '10 Harley Ultra Limited
    '08 Kawasaki ZX6R
    '03 Grand Marquis(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownMaraud3r View Post
    Actually yes, many times and on a crotch rocket to boot. It's made to be ridden, not hard parking in front of a bar.

I get the trailer, would suck to drive cross country and then break down at a track somwehere. But when going for a street meat, like looseville, getting there is half the fun.
    Life is about choices. Sounds like your comfortable with Billy bobs towing damaging your ride, and dropping it off at some random shop to “fix” it.

Since my choice is to not have my stuff damaged by random people that don’t have a clue what they are looking at, I’ll either do it myself or trailer it to a place that understands what they are looking at. Then again, if it’s just a stock Marauder, it’s not much different than a Vic.

round trip on a 350 boss hoss bike . chi town to 101 coast and through SD for the rally and home 4680. for that trip .14 days and two full ones in the rain . trailer ? we dont need no stinking trailer "" LOL

829 whp Marauder

For me it was snapping my driveshaft clean in half at the Union Grove strip. $240 to rent the Uhaul and trailer IIRC and another $200 tip to YZmud and his brother for picking up my family with a flatbread for my broken car at 10 o’clock on a school night and getting us halfway home at least. Just aggravation that isn’t needed in my already hectic life.

Plus like Darren mentioned. Others have needed it as well so it at least I could help them out of a jam.

Now when I travel I honestly go out with full intention to break things doing what I do best. Showing off... All the joyrides that guys who rarely or have never met me, well, I’d like to say I normally put on a pretty decent “poopyourpants show”!

As for the trip being half the fun. After 11 Louisville’s I feel the drive to sucks. I want quiet, especially after three days of debauchery and shenanigans.

I did drive to the Bloomington meet because that was only like 2 hours and to trailer would be kinda silly. But then again would it? I still would need to find a way home and come back plus leaving it at a hotel parking lot. I chanced it and was fine. She hasn’t had a slightest hiccup in years. Now 5 1/2 hours to Louisville? No thanks! I hate the car after an hour and want nothing more than to get the hell out of the noisy SOB!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by justbob; 02-15-2021 at 04:22 PM.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I actually am looking forward to getting a rig together to tow my toys wherever I’m going. Being down here in Florida now that’s all I see especially near Daytona with all the bikers and nice cars. Get a decent truck and trailer and tow your toys around country if needed. I don’t know too many people that take their “performance” vehicles on cross country trips. That’s just asking for something to break especially for heavily modified cars. I used to ride my Harley back and forth from GA to NC about a 12 hour ride round trip. The first couple of times was fun but after that it became a bit dreadful. Everyone is different though but once my vehicle gets to that stage of not being driven for a long distance then I’ll get a trailer for it with no hesitation.
    Bought 01/21
    2003 Black Procharged

TOTALLED 12/14
    2003 Black eatonized
    "Darkness"

SOLD 07/13
    2003 Black

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    ^^^THIS^^^, I was a little over 50k in mods with mine,
    Hold my beer...

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyFords View Post
    Hold my beer...
    Lol....
    Hey John!
    How are you doing?
    What's up with ProRauder?

2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyFords View Post
    Hold my beer...
    Yeah, but I only had to build mine once, so there’s that. Are you on your 3rd round of mods/rebuild? Your car is legend for sure.

I'm not sure I can ever call it finished! LOL

PXL_20201022_160917761.jpg
    Last edited by TooManyFords; 02-18-2021 at 04:01 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information