Hi all,

i'm christian, i'm in a small town in canada, qc. That is important for the rest ;p
I'm a car enthusiast, i can take the tool box, and do simple thing, i love to learn, but don't ask me to change a cam or piston ;p
Sold my 2005 mustang that i bought new, two years ago, making 580 at the wheel.

And now i bought a house with a 2 cars garage, my daily is the most boring car you can make (for real), at least the most boring i've ever owned. But it serve it's purpose.
But i need a project that will become my new daily.

My Plan is, buy a car, with a good body,
build/ change/ swap/ beef up the engine,
same for transmission
Upgrade suspension, no drop, make it better than the original if possible, good confort, good handling.
Change brake from a to z
Fix what need to be fix.
I want a 10 000 miles a year car, that start when i turn the key, bring me where i want, in summer or winter (Canda's winter), spacious, confortable, and that can shout (400, 420 torque ) when you smash it.

So at the origin, i was looking for a crown vic.
Engine swap was in my mind, my dream car have either a:
Godzilla 7.3L, LS3, ShortBlock ford, or a cobra 2004 engine ( as a mustang owner i was for sure a fan of those)

and then i discovered the maraudeur, already fitted with one of my engine choice. What a perfect base for me to rebuild, But i hear horrible things about engine problems on the maraudeur.
Could i bring the original engine to my goal of performance and an engine i can rely on ?
Remember at the start, i told you i'm living in a small town in canada, that is important, because i don't have access to all the car you have in the US, neither to the shop that can do that for me and send me the car.
I have to rely on mostly on myself, so as hard i want it, a godzilla swap is not in my future. ( *cry in silence* )

So i give you my wallet with my goal,
What do you do.
Crown or Maradeur (Would love to "save" a maraudeur a give it a second life to be used everyday and up to date)
Engine ?, Mods power adder ?
Suspension mods ?
Things that every maraudeur owner should change or fix in prevention ?

Thanks
Oh of course if you are a wrench god, bored, leaving near me, my garage door is open to help me out on my project.