Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Rules Clarification

Forum Rules Clarification

I have a request for clarification of the forum agreement.

From the original agreement I read and agreed to when I signed on...
    Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of MercuryMarauder.net Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of MercuryMarauder.net Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of MercuryMarauder.net Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
    I suppose that it might have been considered in poor tast to start a thread called Priest Jokes but as someone who has laughed a lawyer jokes, holiday jokes, blond jokes, and many other types of jokes I figured it would be taken in stride by those who now have to take their turn in the spotlight of humor. Heck, we all laughed at President jokes during the Clinton years and many of us laughed at a Cheech and Chong skit of the Pope doing Mass at the Vatican.

So, I guess I just want clarification of the forum policy on humor so that I can make sure to avoid posting things that would be considered off limits.

I think that it would be better knowing up front than finding out after the fact that I made a mistake. I do not want to be a rule breaker and am asking because I think it might be helpful to know.

Thanks for any clarification offered. Please don't delete or lock this thread. I think that the question is a good one and is being asked for good reasons.

Best,

Dan

Dan,

Don't know what ^^^ is about, but you must have found the line. Step back, take one last look at it, then shrug it off and motor on.

Life's too short. Just try to enjoy it... my $0.02.

- JD
    Currently Marauderless but looking

is what I thought, too.

I hope it does not sound like I am upset. I am just curious. I honestly am glad it took me this long to find the line. And I truly would like clarification.

Best,

Dan

MARAUDER S/C #5 Guest
    GO FOR IT !

Patrick Guest
    Hey Dan maybe this will help clarrify a few things. First this our Home. And we can discuss pretty much what we want. Thier is no CLEAR line of what can be disscussed or shared. Over the last almost 2 yrs I have been here I have found the boundries. I missed the Thread on the Preists, maybe a good thing, being Catholic I might be offended. If I would have been I would have PM you and expressed opinion. And we could go from thier.

I dont contribute to MM (Personall) so I am not obligated and this just my .02. But Logan is the boss. And he IS paying for us to be here! I dont always agree with his ideas but thats my opion and If I have a prob I will get with him. I havent yet so!

I agree with your point on being notified about a thread being closed.

Just enjoy the site and have fun. We all share different intrests.

Later, Patrick

TripleTransAm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    So, I guess I just want clarification of the forum policy on humor so that I can make sure to avoid posting things that would be considered off limits.

I suppose jokes involving Logan are out of the question...

Quote Originally Posted by TripleTransAm
    I suppose jokes involving Logan are out of the question...

Naaa! Logan is okay and has a sense of humor (he tolerates Todd doesn't he?).

Honestly folks, I use no hard fast rule other than what I find to be generally offensive or has the potential to be offensive to others.

Generally a thread will be nuked if A) it, on it's face is offensive or B) contains more offensive content than I'm willing to edit by hand, or C) Really can lead down no road other than generally pissing someone off, which in turn results in more work for me, hence, I usually nip it in the butt before goes that far.

Bottom line, let common sense be your guide, but understand that it's my intent to keep the site generally viewable by the entire family. Being a father of twin two year olds, that's probably made me more sensitive than I probably should be, but well.... that's just the way it is.

Seriously, if I remove a thread and you DON'T get a email from me, that's a GOOD thing. That means it wasn't a big deal, don't worry about it.

If I remove a thread and you DO get an email, chances are, that email isn't going to be very friendly and your account is most likely already been terminated.

See? Simple.

Patrick Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    Honestly folks, I use no hard fast rule other than what I find to be generally offensive or has the potential to be offensive to others.

Generally a thread will be nuked if A) it, on it's face is offensive or B) contains more offensive content than I'm willing to edit by hand, or C) Really can lead down no road other than generally pissing someone off, which in turn results in more work for me, hence, I usually nip it in the butt before goes that far.

Bottom line, let common sense be your guide, but understand that it's my intent to keep the site generally viewable by the entire family. Being a father of twin two year olds, that's probably made me more sensitive than I probably should be, but well.... that's just the way it is.

Seriously, if I remove a thread and you DON'T get a email from me, that's a GOOD thing. That means it wasn't a big deal, don't worry about it.

If I remove a thread and you DO get an email, chances are, that email isn't going to be very friendly and your account is most likely already been terminated.

See? Simple.

My twins
    Attached Images Attached Images

Then you will see Logan in his favorite pose:

Dan the deck is stacked.

Push the envelope and see for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    My twins
    At least your twins are standing, mine would be pushing each other out, they are named Bump and Stitch.
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    is what I thought, too.

I hope it does not sound like I am upset. I am just curious. I honestly am glad it took me this long to find the line. And I truly would like clarification.

Best,

Dan
    Try "Joke of the Day" . I think it covers all bases and happens to be a pretty popular thread. Priest jokes? Damn, I missed it. My priest loves "priest" jokes. Oh well!
    JW "Jim" Spradling II

2003 MM 300A
    B/D: 05/30/02
    Steeda Underdrive Set
    NGK Plugss & 180 Stat
    4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Eaton Heavy Duty LTD Slip Diff
    Kooks Long Tube Headers
    SHM Front/Rear Sway Bars
    Mac n' Zack Rear Control Arms
    Eibach Springs
    MMX Driveshaft & Custom Driveshaft Loop
    Custom Exhaust
    Flowmaster 40's
    NOS Noszle Direct Port Nitrous System
    (150 - 300 hp shot)
    NOS Progressive Nitrous Controller
    Custom Dedicated Nitrous Fuel System
    BF Goodrich T/A Drag Radials
    Stallion 3000 Multidisk Converter
    Performance Automatic Transbrake Valve Body
    DR Level 2 Tranny Upgrade + (8-plate J-Mod)
    302 CI Stroker-Built, Balanced and Blueprinted by
    AMS Racing, Bossier City, LA
    Autometer Guages (Trans Temp, Oil Pressure, Nitrous, & Fuel Pressure)
    DR Cylinder Cooling Mod
    Perma-Cool Oil/Transmission Cooler
    Custom Air Box by Paul's HP

Patrick Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stevengerard
    At least your twins are standing, mine would be pushing each other out, they are named Bump and Stitch.
    They tried to after I took that picture!!!! Bump and Stitich??? Must be be Boys! I call the girls "Nutin Butt trouble!!!!" Still luv em!!!

See? Simple.
    Logan.....a user friendly kind of guy! My teenagers have read this site and are astounded at how "civil" it is. Your work makes it so. Thanks!!

Jim
    JW "Jim" Spradling II

2003 MM 300A
    B/D: 05/30/02
    Steeda Underdrive Set
    NGK Plugss & 180 Stat
    4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Eaton Heavy Duty LTD Slip Diff
    Kooks Long Tube Headers
    SHM Front/Rear Sway Bars
    Mac n' Zack Rear Control Arms
    Eibach Springs
    MMX Driveshaft & Custom Driveshaft Loop
    Custom Exhaust
    Flowmaster 40's
    NOS Noszle Direct Port Nitrous System
    (150 - 300 hp shot)
    NOS Progressive Nitrous Controller
    Custom Dedicated Nitrous Fuel System
    BF Goodrich T/A Drag Radials
    Stallion 3000 Multidisk Converter
    Performance Automatic Transbrake Valve Body
    DR Level 2 Tranny Upgrade + (8-plate J-Mod)
    302 CI Stroker-Built, Balanced and Blueprinted by
    AMS Racing, Bossier City, LA
    Autometer Guages (Trans Temp, Oil Pressure, Nitrous, & Fuel Pressure)
    DR Cylinder Cooling Mod
    Perma-Cool Oil/Transmission Cooler
    Custom Air Box by Paul's HP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information