Thread: Jaydees aka John Sanburg has passed away suddenly....we lost another good one fellas

Jaydees aka John Sanburg has passed away suddenly....we lost another good one fellas

With a heavy heart this morning I wanted to let the community know we lost another fellow Marauder brother. John was a great friend to myself, my entire family, many local car enthusiasts, and several forum members whom I assume will post below. Over the past decade or longer John and our little group of car friends in KC would frequently go to "church" every Sunday, which means go to breakfast. In the early year's John always admired my blue Marauder and told me one day he would find a Marauder for himself. Well, did he ever. He bought a beautiful low mile DTR in Southern California in about 2013 and drove it Route 66 all the way back home to KC. Over the year's he would frequently stop by Werner's Garage on Friday's and Sunday's and shoot the bull with us. He was always in a good mood, always laughing and smiling, and always offered a helping hand. He attended many Marauder events both local and out of state. Marauderville Chicago, and several Louisville events as well as every local car show possible. Man, this one hurts fellas. It was unexpected and way too soon. John, remember there are no speed limits wherever you went and we will Marauder on for you here until we see you again. You will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

Neil, so sorry for the loss of your friend and Marauder "brother".
    Prayers going out to his family and all his friends.

Connie and Jack (Fordfrk)
    #46 of a build of 3214
    #39 of 980

SCT Xcal3 Mo's Speed Shop Tune
    JLT CAI
    Tinted Windows
    SS Inserts

I could not believe it when I heard the news.... what a great guy. Never got to spend a ton of time with him, but the few outings we attended together were a blast. Ride on my friend, till we meet again...
    #2941 300A
    4.10's, carbon clutches
    Marty O Tune
    Curless Cure
    Widened Wheels
    Dead Pedal
    Eaton Swapped

Bar tender and maker of:
    Christmas in a cup
    The "Bucket of South Haven Iced Tea"
    One Legged Lesbian Kickboxer
    Cocka Two

I couldn’t place the name so thanks for posting the pics Neil. I definitely remember him. He was always happy like you said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. I remember his search for the DTR and return trip with it. He was a brother to all of us. RIP.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    03 Black MM: Trilogy #19, Build Date 04/02/03 #7113
    03 SB MM: Lidio Tune/JLT CAI DD Build Date 04/02/03 #7114

John was the man, he was such a honest loyal good hearted friend. He was friends with everybody and lived life for the greater good.. I just was reading through his facebook pictures, and at one point he randomly restored one of those neighborhood book exchanges. New lexan, hinges, paint.... The works! Today Neil and i sat down at lunch and discussed some of the great things he did for everyone else but himself. Neil reminded me of John pushing and getting it done for another one of our fallen friends. John noticed that our military friend was a unmarked grave and the family was putting the headstone on the back burner.... uggggg

John did the works and got a headstone in place for Bill Price, John wasnt all about John, he was always doing things for the greater good, the RIGHT WAY FOR EVERYTHING!!!
    If something grabbed Johns attention that was just not right, he would not stop at NO. He always went the extra mile, the extra time, never complaining about who did what, and why, John just made things right for everyone to enjoy.

John was more than a buddy with a marauder, i met John well before either one of us bought marauders. John was a car guy, so naturally we got along. Always happy, honest loyal friendly. John seemed to make life simple, naturally.

Sad to see my buddy leave us so soon in life, i really thought he would have been here with us for 30 years or more.

Rest in peace John, we love you and miss you so much here in KC, you will never be forgotten for how much good you brought to everyone's life.
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Sad is this is the last picture i have of our cars together... When you find your friends Marauder at Price chopper, you HAVE to park next to it... As it was, he walked out of the store less than a minute later... always love those little moments in life..
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by Turbov6Bryan View Post
    Sad is this is the last picture i have of our cars together... When you find your friends Marauder at Price chopper, you HAVE to park next to it... As it was, he walked out of the store less than a minute later... always love those little moments in life..
    And, appropriately parked far away from other motorists.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    03 Black MM: Trilogy #19, Build Date 04/02/03 #7113
    03 SB MM: Lidio Tune/JLT CAI DD Build Date 04/02/03 #7114

R.I.P. Marauder Buddy.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Sorry to hear of the loss,

Ken
    MARAUDERS get me ****!

Rest in Peace!

Thread Information