Hi Guys,
I bought, from Chris at ADTR, the Autometer boost gauge kit. It came with a boost gauge, a fuel pressure gauge and a fuel mixture gauge.
I also got a separate "real" oil gauge which I will put under dash in place of the on/off gauge currently there. But I digress.

The fuel mixture gauge comes with a bung to be welded into the collection point (where the 4 from cylinder exhaust tubes connect) on the long tube header. The welded in bung would hold the O2 sensor which, I imagine, has an output that is massaged into a signal that correlates to lean/rich fuel supply via the O2 leftovers in the exhaust. Close?

Anyway, Do I really need to add a bung? That is, could I tee into the electric outputs from the in-place "stock" O2 sensor (which is new - I replaced all 4) that is at the above mentioned header collection point.

There is a temperature sensor that is built into the O2 sensor that came with the autometer kit...which I believe keeps the signal to the meter off until temperature is elevated & steady, so that capability, I think, would be lost if I just piggy backed on the stock O2 sensor outputs.

If I can avoid pulling out the header and having a shop weld in a bung, I'd like to.

Thoughts?

Thanks
-KK