Thread: oil pan and header bungs

oil pan and header bungs

Hey Guys,
    for those wondering if/how..

I added a bung (for supercharger oil return line) to a recently purchased OEM oil pan, which will be going in soon. This replaces the sorta iffy connection the vortech V7 JT kit advocated. Thanks to site members who have helped me with their input on this one. This welding was done by a local shop in Mesa AZ named Jan's.

Also, I added a bung into the driver side SW long pipe exhaust header in order to thread in the wide band fuel sensor for the associated autometer gauge. This TIG weld was done by a young man who owns his own mobile welding business...only 20 something and doing a great job...so much for 100,000$ college degrees in liberal arts eh? His welding school bill was 18,000$. Pretty good investment I'd say.

Attachment 51556Attachment 51557

The added bung on the exhaust (top of photo) is from the Autometer kit. I feel like it is a little short, as it doesn't protude away from the header itself very much, but perhaps this is for the benefit of proper sensor operation? Thoughts?
    '03 Silver Birch. Stock rebuilt 4.L 32V DOHC, V7-JT blower w/ADTR racing supercharger kit, Shift kit in transmission, stainless works long pipes and cat backs, Ridetech coil-overs front, shocks in back (ADTR kit). Rebuilt calipers, upgraded front rotors, OEM Mercury wheels, [boost, oil P, WB fuel/air, and fuel pressure] gauges. Build duration was Dec 2019 to Mar 2022. 8 rib serp belt upgrade i/p.

Glad you got it sorted out. Start up's got to be in the next couple months? Can't wait!
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Blazen,
    Soon.
    1) Finish gauge(s) install
    2) Change oil pan
    3) Reinstall Header..
    4) Charge all fluids
    Engine oil
    Transmission fluid
    Brake fluid
    Power Steering fluid
    Radiator fluid

At the same time, add some tires....

Ready to go..

While we are at it.... do you happen to know the best way to tap into the dash dimmer switch..2 of the gauges call for being connected there..I have the dash off...can see the connector.
    Thanks

-KK
    '03 Silver Birch. Stock rebuilt 4.L 32V DOHC, V7-JT blower w/ADTR racing supercharger kit, Shift kit in transmission, stainless works long pipes and cat backs, Ridetech coil-overs front, shocks in back (ADTR kit). Rebuilt calipers, upgraded front rotors, OEM Mercury wheels, [boost, oil P, WB fuel/air, and fuel pressure] gauges. Build duration was Dec 2019 to Mar 2022. 8 rib serp belt upgrade i/p.

I don't recall which wire to tap for dimmer. Someone here will.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Did some searching on the site...decided to tap into the dimmer / lightbulb voltage that goes to back of oil gauge meter. Could have used voltmeter gauge as well.
    Pulled back the electricians tape on the wire bundle, cut the orange/black wire (prior to the connector opposite the gauge side), added in a 3rd wire to go to the pillar gauge, used a small metal tube crimp and some shrink wrap, pushed the 3 wires into the tube, compressed the crimp and we are on our way.

Attachment 51575

Thread Information