Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to this Channel and a new 03 Marauder

Hi Guys: Lencac here. Well I managed to some video of the new Marauder. So without further ado here's the link. Let me know what y'all think
    I did put the Mo's tune on it and I did the cooling system modification. The 12th of next month she'll be getting some 4:10 gears.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCnfX0A-rcg&t=4s

Just watched your video. Beautiful car. Just a quick note FYI. Your car is a Marauder 300B as it has traction control. IIRC the 300B's started to be de-contented towards the end of the '03 model year. I see you still have map pockets on the front seats and a remote fuel door. Do you have a full sized spare or a mini?

If you haven't already ordered your Certificate from Ford here is the link. www.fordshowparts.com Click on 'show all products', click the Marauder check box and voila!

The engine is not a Cobra engine. It is most closely related to the Lincoln Aviator motor of the period. but most people will accept the Mustang Mach 1 engine as its close relation. We wish it came with the Cobra motor, and in reality it should have considering its heft.

The 4.10's you are going to install and the tune you got from Mo's will put the car into the performance range of how it was originally intended to be sold before the Ford bean counters and fuel mileage worry wort's chimed in.

Also if you don't already know the oil pressure gauge is a glorified idiot light. Peeps often replace it with a real one from Autometer with the Ultra Lite II. I can't remember the part number for the real gauge and sending unit, but you can do a Google search, or maybe someone will chime in with the number. Peeps often do the Volt gauge as well to keep the look consistent. The Volt gauge is real though.

Hi Mr. Man: Nice reply, good stuff to know. Thanks. I think it has a full size spare but I'll check. I was reading that certain early Marauders have some options that later ones don't. I think my is one with the extra options, yes? And I kinda figured the oil pressure gauge was not up to par. So I appreciate you filling me in on getting the right gauge and sender. I'm thinking Summit should have that stuff. So I'm thinking the difference between mine and say a Cobra 4.6 would be the cams? Yep, the Mighty Marauder is a hefty gal but she is a comfy ride.
    I originally bought it to flip it because of the great deal I got on it. But now that I've had for a little while I really would like to keep her. Use the Might Crown Vic as my daily. Ball park what do you figure it could sell for today?
    Thanks again for your input, very much appreciated. And I did read your PM about the axles. Are the axles prone to failure. I don't intend on putting slicks on it.

Actually the only similarities are the heads, cams and displacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Lencac1 ... Are the axles prone to failure.

More Marauder documents » -HERE- «

Medford? Heck I’m near Vancouver/Portland. Let me know if you head this way for a mini meet.
    Current cars:

2003 Marauder (*mostly* all original)
    2020 Kia Niro Hybrid (wife’s car & our commuter)

Previously owned a 2004 DTR and a 2003 DBP…and 76 other vehicles but we don’t have time to list all that.

That is very disconcerting

****! .............. the dreaded TSB !! .....I remember this TSB at the Ford dealer back then. The Transmission tech did 'em all. I was one of those prima donna driveability techs ......... I didn't do that sort of thing
    I'm going to look through the service records. The axles may very well have already been done. This car was bought and serviced at the same dealer it's entire life.

our late friend, Maury Seitz, had one of the 300A to 300B transition cars. He always said there were about 16 of them made, In any event your car is an unusual Marauder.
    BUCKWHEAT 03 MM 300A-August, '02 mfgr, black w/ blue metallic clearcoat, 94,000 miles, Texid stroker 5.0, #15 Kool-Aide w/ SnakeBite porting, Venom cooling, and upgraded to M122, 3873 of 7839

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information