Hi Guys: lencac here. Well as you probably guessed I just acquired an early 03 Marauder. It's in spectacular condition. Belonged to an old couple who neither of which could drive anymore. The guy who sold it to me on behalf of the original owner was the sales person who sold them the car brand new in 2003 at the dealer in Yreka Ca. It never left Yreka. I asked the guy "did the original owners know what they had?". He said they had no idea. Story goes that the wife was watching the Price is Right one day and they gave away a Marauder. So she told her hubby she wanted one. So he went and got her one.
Anyway, a little about the Mighty Marauder. It has 84K miles, never raced or wrecked. It's black. What a surprise, right? I have every last document this car has. Including every last service record from the dealer since day one. I have the window sticker, all the original Marauder brochures and posters, DVD's. I mean everything! My original intent was to flip it because I got an outrageous deal on it. But after driving it a little I think I want to keep it.
Being I was a ASE and Ford certified master tech for almost 30 years and I have the Merc's lowly kin the Crown Vic (best car ever made) as a daily driver I figure it was only right I keep the darn thing.
So having said all that and being I can't leave well enough alone I want to juice it up a little. So hence my question.
First I want your guys thoughts. I'm considering changing out the 3:55 axle for a 4:10. Plus I want to tune it, both engine and trans. HP Tuners say they don't make a tuner for it.
Any suggestions about getting it tuned.
Back when I was doing drivability at the Ford dealer I know using the the Ford proprietary software and a laptop I could monitor all the parameters but could not really change any of the parameters with a few exceptions. Only thing a tech could do would be to periodically download the updates for the software.
Plus if the right deal were to come along I'd consider putting a supercharger on it. I'd like the original Eaton set-up that was used on the SVT Cobras to keep it all "Fordish". But I'd consider other makes too if it fits under the hood.
Ok guys that's about it. Any info. you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
lencac