Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to this Channel and a new 03 Marauder

New to this Channel and a new 03 Marauder

Hi Guys: lencac here. Well as you probably guessed I just acquired an early 03 Marauder. It's in spectacular condition. Belonged to an old couple who neither of which could drive anymore. The guy who sold it to me on behalf of the original owner was the sales person who sold them the car brand new in 2003 at the dealer in Yreka Ca. It never left Yreka. I asked the guy "did the original owners know what they had?". He said they had no idea. Story goes that the wife was watching the Price is Right one day and they gave away a Marauder. So she told her hubby she wanted one. So he went and got her one.
    Anyway, a little about the Mighty Marauder. It has 84K miles, never raced or wrecked. It's black. What a surprise, right? I have every last document this car has. Including every last service record from the dealer since day one. I have the window sticker, all the original Marauder brochures and posters, DVD's. I mean everything! My original intent was to flip it because I got an outrageous deal on it. But after driving it a little I think I want to keep it.
    Being I was a ASE and Ford certified master tech for almost 30 years and I have the Merc's lowly kin the Crown Vic (best car ever made) as a daily driver I figure it was only right I keep the darn thing.
    So having said all that and being I can't leave well enough alone I want to juice it up a little. So hence my question.
    First I want your guys thoughts. I'm considering changing out the 3:55 axle for a 4:10. Plus I want to tune it, both engine and trans. HP Tuners say they don't make a tuner for it.
    Any suggestions about getting it tuned.
    Back when I was doing drivability at the Ford dealer I know using the the Ford proprietary software and a laptop I could monitor all the parameters but could not really change any of the parameters with a few exceptions. Only thing a tech could do would be to periodically download the updates for the software.
    Plus if the right deal were to come along I'd consider putting a supercharger on it. I'd like the original Eaton set-up that was used on the SVT Cobras to keep it all "Fordish". But I'd consider other makes too if it fits under the hood.
    Ok guys that's about it. Any info. you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    lencac

Welcome to the party! There's lots of info here...opinions and genius are all over this board! I would recommend a little light reading over in the DIY section: https://www.mercurymarauder.net/foru...-Resource-Room

AND for any and all updates there are several powerful voices: MartyO (Mo's Speed Shop), Curless (Curless Automotive), FastBlackMerc (Marauder Innovations), Zack (Zack), and so many more I shouldn't have started listing them...lol!

For the tuning stuff, I went with Mo's Speed Shop (most here would say he is the go-to shop). They have figured out tuning and 4.10 swaps with excellence!
    2003 300A
    Widened Rear Wheels with 295 45 Nitto G2's
    Eaton Swapped by Curless
    Brake Upgrade
    Mo's Tune
    JLT Intake
    Addco Sway Bars
    ADTR Coil Over Suspension
    Metco Control Arms & Watts Link
    SW Headers and Exhaust
    Accessories By FastBlackMerc
    4.10 Gears
    Aeroforce Gauges
    Pantherlights Headlamps

Do the 4.10s and call MO’s Speed Shop in Dallas, GA for a tune. Marty (member martyo) will take great care of you. Most members will tell you that gears and a tune are the best bang for your hard earned buck and really “wake the car up.”
    2004 Black
    Eaton Swapped by MO’s
    Stainless Works long tubes
    4.10 gears
    Lowered ~1.25 inches
    420/425 rear wheel hp/tq

Exterior/interior/engine walk-around & take offs:
    https://youtu.be/6flRtNaLFJA

Pretty much already mentioned above x 10.

Congratulations and keep us up on your progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Thanks guys for your reply. I kinda figured the 4:10 axle and tuning the engine and trans would be the logical place to start. Just didn't know where to start with the tuning. But it sounds like Mo's Speed Shop is the man for that job. As time allows I will post photos and my progress on the Mighty Marauder. I think some videos would be in order also which I'll post on my YT channel. If anyone is interested to see what I have currently on my YT channel just plug-in lencac.
    Ok guys I very much appreciate your help so far and I look forward to being engaged in this site. Thanks again

Just give her a chance to prove herself. With the right mods and Mo’s tune you won’t recognize the car and a decent performing street Marauder can be had for pretty darn cheap. It’s after you get used to that and want more that these cars will send you into the poor house QUICK!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

If you still in Cali., Then eaton swap will not be smog legal out there. Only legal option is Vortech set up thru ADTR.net who is in Cali. MartyO does not frequent here as often. The shop has a facebook page or send me a pm and I'll send you his phone #. Good find !!
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Congratulations and welcome. To throw an argument out on the other side of the table, I personally would keep this one stock. With these things approaching 20 years old, and fairly popular given the limited supply, bone stock cars are becoming harder and harder to come by. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from modding a Marauder, but at this point in time I would play with one someone else started on, rather than a low mileage stock car.

I say this from experience, having modded my 63 only to decide later this particular car needed to be stock. There's a market for both the stock and modded cars at this point.

All of that being said, IT'S YOUR CAR
    1963 Marauder S-55, Super Marauder 406
    Only factory 406 powered Marauder, and earliest built Marauder documented to still exist.
    https://sites.google.com/a/wmich.edu/supermarauder/
    ______________________________ _____________

First retailed 2003 Marauder
    Bought 6 June 2002

Welcome!!! Nice find. Let's see some pics. Also, are you going to get a certificate from Ford?
    03 Black MM: Trilogy #19, Build Date 04/02/03 #7113
    03 SB MM: Lidio Tune/JLT CAI DD Build Date 04/02/03 #7114

Congrats and Welcome Aboard.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

Congratulations and Welcome! GDMJOE has a great source of information on his page:

http://www.gdmjoe.com/marauder/documents/documents.html

MartyO is a great resource for a tune and tuner as well as mods at 770-222-5015 or by email at marty@mosspeedshop.com.
    There are a host of mods you can do. Here are just a few:

a) Marty tune;
    b) Rear Cooling Mod (one of the most important);
    b) 4.10 Ford Performance gears;
    c) Cold Air Intake;
    d) Metco Control Arms & Watts Link;
    e) Addco front and rear sway bars;
    f) Stainless Works headers;
    g) Rear cat delete;
    h) Dynotech Driveshaft;
    i) Boost with either an Eaton swap, Vortech or Whipple;

Quote Originally Posted by Lencac1 View Post
    Story goes that the wife was watching the Price is Right one day and they gave away a Marauder. So she told her hubby she wanted one. So he went and got her one.

lmao! nice! We've all seen that Wheel Of Fortune clip, this is the first i've heard of the power of advertising for a Marauder done properly
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

Hi Justbob: Oh, I'm going to giver her a chance. So my plumb line is going to be to get this thing to run a high 13 sec. pass. I think I can do that with a tune and a gear change.

Hi Ported: Nope in Oregon

Hi KirK: Thank you. I like your argument. However, I have a plan Only mods I want is to tune the engine and trans and change the gear to a 4:10. Keep the 3:55's with the car and it's all good , right? The tune can be put back to stock at anytime. I think doing that I can get a high 13 sec. pass out of it here at about 1100 ft. alt. But I am going to contact Mo's.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information