Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuttering tranny behavior

Quote Originally Posted by NickT02LS View Post
    Also make sure what you are feeling is not ignition coils failing, kind of strange bucking under light load
    Yes, this too. A new set of GT500 coils isn't too expensive to replace for peace of mind! Be sure to get OEM if you go this route.

https://www.amazon.com/Ford-Racing-M.../dp/B00BRLXY9U
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

So wanted to update everyone - I decided after going back and forth to take it to the dealer, mainly because I don't drive it a lot and figure it would take a while to get all the fluid out after a few pan drops and suspecting the fluid was original, I wanted to get it all flushed out. So I had them do the fluid exchange, drop the pan and change the filter while they were at it. Dust plug was still in the pan, so that confirmed my thought that this fluid is the same since out of factory and was most likely as most of you mentioned the cause of the crappy behavior from the tranny. Unless there was a fluid exchange previously, maybe. The service history on the car was dealerships, and nothing indicated tranny service at all. They saved the plug for me, lol.

Anyways, I took her out after and all those issues disappeared so you guys were spot on. Next is the tune, I already have the scanner from past builds. I still notice the "seeking" issue with OD sometimes, but it is not as noticeable as before - I will see if I still notice it after the tune. I am going to replace the pan most likely at the end of the year after I get some driving in (let the new fluid cycle through) with the plug, and then will add this to my change schedule with my oil changes.

Speaking of the tune, is there any specific configuration I should be asking for from MO's speed shop?

Thanks
    2003 Marauder, stock all through - the garage queen with 30,xxx miles
    Also goes by central50, for those who know...

No, Moe will ask what you've done to the car, any modifications, and then set you up with the tune. Moe and Jeff are great guys to work with and they really go out of their way to help their customers! I've purchased many parts from them and have done countless remote tunes. I am very happy with them and will continue to support them!
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Quote Originally Posted by blazen71 View Post
    No, Moe will ask what you've done to the car, any modifications, and then set you up with the tune. Moe and Jeff are great guys to work with and they really go out of their way to help their customers! I've purchased many parts from them and have done countless remote tunes. I am very happy with them and will continue to support them!
    Great, thank you for the info and recommendation!
    2003 Marauder, stock all through - the garage queen with 30,xxx miles
    Also goes by central50, for those who know...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information