Thread: Nice Option for NEW oem Headlamps!

Nice Option for NEW oem Headlamps!

Seeing as New OEM Marauder headlamps are discontinued, I found a roundabout way to make some. Pretty simple actually. Buy a set of new OEM 03-04 Mercury Grand Marquis headlamps. Open them up and swap in black shrouds from an old pair of OEM Marauder housings or from a set of aftermarket Marauder housings. Simple as that. I've had 2 sets of aftermarket headlamps and felt the fitment was crappy on both. I recently had Panther Lighting build a set of projector head lamps and Kevin was able to swap the black shrouds from an old set of aftermarket housing into the NEW Grand Marquis housings. Fit is awesome with the OEM's. Passing on this info in case there are any other OCD driven Marauder's here
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

THAT is a great idea! Yes!
    2003 300A
    Widened Rear Wheels with 295 45 Nitto G2's
    Eaton Swapped by Curless
    Brake Upgrade
    Mo's Tune
    JLT Intake
    Addco Sway Bars
    ADTR Coil Over Suspension
    Metco Control Arms & Watts Link
    SW Headers and Exhaust
    Accessories By FastBlackMerc
    4.10 Gears
    Aeroforce Gauges
    Pantherlights Headlamps

Heard you can take Rain X to the chrome marquis shrouds and it will come off leaving black..dunno myself
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I've heard the same but with brake cleaner, never tried myself. I already had the extra black shrouds so I just asked Kevin to swap with the chrome ones.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

What projectors id Panther Lighting offer you & are you happy with the mod ?
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

I have the Morimoto Mini D2S 5.0 projectors. But Kevin can put anything that he sells in the housings. Its all custom, cut to fit. I am extremely happy with the results. Previously I had Morimoto LED bulbs in the stock housings which were an improvement over stock but not good enough for me.

IMG_20200912_125302875_HDR.jpg

I've had Panther Lights 3 years now
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by blazen71 View Post
    Seeing as New OEM Marauder headlamps are discontinued, I found a roundabout way to make some. Pretty simple actually. Buy a set of new OEM 03-04 Mercury Grand Marquis headlamps. Open them up and swap in black shrouds from an old pair of OEM Marauder housings or from a set of aftermarket Marauder housings. Simple as that. I've had 2 sets of aftermarket headlamps and felt the fitment was crappy on both. I recently had Panther Lighting build a set of projector head lamps and Kevin was able to swap the black shrouds from an old set of aftermarket housing into the NEW Grand Marquis housings. Fit is awesome with the OEM's. Passing on this info in case there are any other OCD driven Marauder's here
    How do you open them? Do you use heat or just cut/pry?

Thanks!
    03 Black MM: Trilogy #19, Build Date 04/02/03 #7113
    03 SB MM: Lidio Tune/JLT CAI DD Build Date 04/02/03 #7114

Kevin cut them open He said the OEM sealant is too strong to just heat in an oven and separate like butyl rubber seals allow.

Thread Information