Thread: Trade 5-speed Crown Vic for Marauder? (northeast)

Trade 5-speed Crown Vic for Marauder? (northeast)

Anybody here willing to trade their Marauder for my 5-speed swapped former Nevada Highway Patrol P71?

It's got mods. It rips. It's bad ass. 178,000 well maintained miles but it's spent almost it's entire life in Nevada and Arizona, so it's RUST FREE (even the exhaust manifolds are virtually rust free). Garage kept, stored winters and not driven in rain since I've owned it.

But...I've always sought the real thing and I finally think with this P71 that I have something close in value that I can parlay into a Marauder. If interested, send me a PM. I'm located in central New York State.

Last edited by Prospect62; 05-07-2021 at 03:22 AM.
    2003 Marauder 300A #1782 of 7093 | (SOLD - Gone but not forgotten)

cool interior pics please
    17' lexus LX570 DD
    87 Buick type-t we4
    02 tacoma 4x4
    03 MM blk

I don't have any good ones right now. I'll take some and post ASAP.

Looks to be in tremendous shape! GLWTS!
    2003 300A
    Widened Rear Wheels with 295 45 Nitto G2's
    Eaton Swapped by Curless
    Brake Upgrade
    Mo's Tune
    JLT Intake
    Addco Sway Bars
    ADTR Coil Over Suspension
    Metco Control Arms & Watts Link
    SW Headers and Exhaust
    Accessories By FastBlackMerc
    4.10 Gears
    Aeroforce Gauges
    Pantherlights Headlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Peace2Peep View Post
    Looks to be in tremendous shape! GLWTS!
    It is. Paint has some scuffs but it's quite sharp. Thanks!

Im sorry to say, no standard p71 even with mods, will be worth close to what a Marauder is worth. Your best bet is to find a Marauder with a blown engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree but only slightly. This car looks to be very clean, newer, and is already manual swapped. (A HUGE plus to a small crowd, a serious turn off unfortunately to many more)

If the work was done in a professional matter then it could easily be worth more than an average high mileage no frills Marauder that could use some love. It would have to be vibration tested to triple digits, and 100% complete. (All wiring, sensors, tuned properly, ETC.)

Equal years, mileage, and condition would definitely dictate otherwise and he would need a whole lot more done to it to be in the ballpark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Still, Marauders are increasing in value, P71’s aren’t! Personally, I can’t even drive a manual. Most Marauder purchasers at this time (18 years after production) I would think wouldn’t even want a manual let alone a P71 instead. He would probably get more $$ for his car just by selling it to the correct person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the right guy might be worth it, but I wouldn’t expect a clean marauder as a trade.... maybe a Vic sport. 5-speeds are a dime a dozen, if it was a t-56 magnum xl it would be worth it.
    2003 Black - sold, back again, and sold
    2003 DBP/DC - #153 Whipple 3.4 (permanent garage art)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 36 (Sold)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 205 (Sold)
    2004 Black - Trilogy #43
    2003 Black - shitbox

Quote Originally Posted by Comin' in Hot View Post
    For the right guy might be worth it, but I wouldn’t expect a clean marauder as a trade.... maybe a Vic sport. 5-speeds are a dime a dozen, if it was a t-56 magnum xl it would be worth it.
    Add to the fact that most manual swapped crown vics are done super hack, this is mentioned in the manual swap panther group all the time. OP is going to have to show what level of quality was put into the swap to maybe have a shot at a trade + cash kind of deal.

OP I see people in the manual swapped panther group on facebook asking for already swapped cars all the time, you'd have a better shot selling it outright and buying a Marauder. Hell if its clean enough, list it on Cars & Bids and ride out the Cleetus panther hype train.

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Add to the fact that most manual swapped crown vics are done super hack, this is mentioned in the manual swap panther group all the time. OP is going to have to show what level of quality was put into the swap to maybe have a shot at a trade + cash kind of deal.

OP I see people in the manual swapped panther group on facebook asking for already swapped cars all the time, you'd have a better shot selling it outright and buying a Marauder. Hell if its clean enough, list it on Cars & Bids and ride out the Cleetus panther hype train.
    Sorry - I haven't been back here in a while but I feel like I have to defend my car. First of all, it sold for $8500 within a couple weeks (Facebook marketplace). Less than a good low-mileage Marauder, but not by much. And that was in the used car market from 6 months ago, not nearly as lucrative as it is now.

The 5-speed swap was done with impeccable quality. A rebuilt TR3650, clean floor and crossmember modification, no exhaust cuts, no broken studs and all OEM Ford parts including clutch, flywheel, bearings, Maximum Motorsports clutch cable and a billet quadrant. Steeda Tri-ax short throw shifter, full Dynamat on the floor, replaced carpet and added classic style shift boot. Hurst shifter handle. Turbine shaft sensor wiring mod done (often overlooked), back-up lights and speed sensor all OEM functional, Marty Ochs tune via SCT X4 tuner and to top it all off, 4.10 gears and new clutches for the limited slip. The best part is I did all the work myself (except the rear end), in my garage and it was not in any way a "super hack".

Anyway, I ended up buying a CUCV army truck and then selling that within a span of two months and now I'm finally getting a Marauder (more on that some other time).

This Crown Vic deserves the respect of P71 and Marauder guys alike, I feel. I sure was proud of it and I have a feeling that when I do finally get my Marauder, there's a very good chance it won't live up to the thrill of a Marty-tuned, 4.10, 5-speed west-coast 2V Panther.
    Last edited by Prospect62; 11-01-2021 at 11:42 AM.

Help me 5 speed swap my marauder. I'm in hudson valley.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by str8pipe View Post
    Help me 5 speed swap my marauder. I'm in hudson valley.

I'd love to! If I had the spare time I'd start a business doing that swap on Panthers but I'd stipulate no east coast cars.

The whole reason my swap was so easy and almost fun was because that west coast CVPI came apart like butter.

Nice looking CVPI!
    Love the 5 speed/4.10 combo!!

When I finish my '85 Foxbody, I'm starting to think about doing a Godzilla 7.3/6 speed into a Marauder with a wasted 4.6 DOHC.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

sold for $8500 within a couple weeks (Facebook marketplace). Less than a good low-mileage Marauder,

A good low Mileage Marauder is $20,000+.

Thread Information