Thread: I’m now Eaton swapped

I’m now Eaton swapped

I went ahead and put a new 4.6 iron block with forged internals (low compression) and the Eaton swap top end with db/da heads, cooling mod etc. I have dialed the tune in with a stock 03 cobra maf injectors and pulley ratio setup at 8 lbs myself. I used the stainless COT (straight one) and basic brackets (similar to trilogy). I have noticed some rather annoying noise from the air inlet tract/ blower mainly when the IAC is doing it’s business. Anyone else have similar experiences? With the windows down it’s not noticed as much but seems to take away from the luxury car aspect… I’m wondering about a blower upgrade. I can pulley the Eaton but it seems like a whipple 2.3 with stock t-body appears to be a sweet spot upgrade. Will that fit under the hood? Or is the current production TVS blower for the termi’s the better choice? I want a stock hood and minimal fitment changes if I upgrade. It’s been difficult finding success using search functions and google to find the info I’m after so I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong place also. I need some feedback from the people that know and even though I’m late to the blower swap I’m hopeful I can find the advice I’m looking for. Thank you. Any insight and/or feedback is appreciated

Possibly the iac is in backwards, mine was.
    The 2.3 fits with trimming the hood, no liner. Maybe you can lower the motor mounts 1/2 inch?
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Well I have the IAC with the electrical connector end facing towards the front of the car. Isn’t that correct? I’m guessing that if I wired it wrong it would not function properly right? Thanks for the information on the whipple 2.3 fitment hurdles. I’m guessing I will just go ahead with a 3 inch upper and then maybe some rear end gear if I’m still wanting more.

I would definitely double check your wiring.
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

Yeah, I will double check the wiring. So, no one has a vmp Eaton setup on their cars? I’m guessing that would fit better than a 2.3 whipple…

Quote Originally Posted by Fordtech7 View Post
    Yeah, I will double check the wiring. So, no one has a vmp Eaton setup on their cars? I’m guessing that would fit better than a 2.3 whipple…
    I run a GT500 TVS not the Terminator.

Well, the wiring checks good. I tracked the noise down to the blower. Apparently the rotors were just slightly out of time. It’s getting new rotor pack bearings and newer gears/ timed. I’m glad it was cheap to buy used but now I’m having the M112 cobra blower overhauled completely this time by the same guy that did my Lightning truck Eaton. I’m still considering the VMP 2.65 blower because it looks like it may fit better than the 2.3 whipple as far as I can tell from internet research. I guess I will end up being the first one with VMP 03 cobra blower if I end up going that route. 550-600 HP on pump gas?!

Thread Information