Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dreaded no start condition.

Well that wasn’t the problem….
    Car wouldn’t start again after my 4th stop …. Waiting to see if it will start in 90 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At started after 35 minutes.

Your code is probably trying to tell you lack of fuel pressure. Codes do not point at what is wrong, they simply tell you something is out of its parameters and helps guide you in diagnosing.

Did you check the fuel pressure when it’s happening yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I remember an old member having a similar issue years ago at one of the NH meets. Car was running fine and after one of our stops it wouldn't fire up. We tried my FPRS on his car, but there was so much fuel in the engine it wouldn't start. Long story short if I remember correctly I was able to blow air thru the bad FPRS and the good one off my car didn't allow any air to blow thru. Might check the used one you bought to see if it's a good one or one that is on its way out. Might have to bite the bullet and get a new one. Had you done anything to the car recently right before this problem started? Also as it may help the mechanics amongst us, does the car have this issue when you have a full tank of gas or only when you are down a bit? Just trying to think thru the overheating fuel pump thought.
    Last edited by Mr. Man; 07-13-2021 at 07:21 PM.

Stopped working again after first stop.
    This is so infuriating. Fuel pump must not be working properly. I put a Bosch pump in last June 2020.
    I had same condition with the pump not always working.

My general rule of thumb for Bosch products is that they are typically good in german cars, but crap in anything domestic. If possible check the voltage at the plug for the pump during a no start condition.
    2003 Black - sold, back again, and sold
    2003 DBP/DC - #153 Whipple 3.4 (permanent garage art)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 36 (Sold)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 205 (Sold)
    2004 Black - Trilogy #43
    2003 Black - shitbox

The OEM fuel pump is a Bosch.

Well went back last night and car would not start.

Came back this morning and it started right up

You have to get the car diagnosed correctly. It takes air fuel n spark to combust the engine. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out the problem. When it's cold, it fires right up. Great. Drive it for 10mins, get it to operating temp, shut it down. Grab a snickers bar from a gas station, get back in it, see if it starts. Record a video. If it doesn't start, cycle the key 2-3 times, try starting it again. What does it do? Do You have an X4 tuner to see where the fuel pump duty cycle % is when it fires up in the morning and while driving? I've had a hard start issue once the car was warmed up and it was EGR related, I deleted the egr and it has been fine ever since. If You want help here We need to know exactly what it is doing. Or just take it to a good trustworthy mechanic to figure it out. Not sure what else to tell Ya but I hope it's something easy to fix. If You ever change the fuel pump just go with an aeronotive 340. They work great.

Crank sensor commands the PCM to send fuel at start up and could be on its way out.

Both the crank sensor and the FPDM are known to fail. When they fail they absolutely hate heat and will not function until cooled.

You mentioned the FPDM “looked good” in your first post. How did you arrive at such a diagnosis? You installed a much more efficient new pump with very little drag on initial start up and no doubt a tiny bit less stress on the FPDM. That pump is now a year old and not so new.

You really need to data log with some type of scanner.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I get the feeling there's going to be a lot more, "It happened again" posts. Stop going rouge and listen to the advice of others to properly diagnose the issue!
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

I have dreaded no start too, and am awaiting more data.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

LOL There’s really not much else to add to this thread.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Well after the car started yesterday, took it to the mechanics where it ran and restarted all day.
    Went to pick it up today, car started then died. Would not restart. Mechanic bypassed the fuel pump relay and the pump would not come back on. He suggested a new fuel pump.

put a gauge on it, that wont lie to ya
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Dreaded no start condition.

New fuel pump and fuel filter installed.
    Car runs and starts normally.

Last edited by BLACKMARAUDER04; 07-30-2021 at 06:04 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information