Thread: Marauder causing more grey hair.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry Marauder causing more grey hair.

Today I decided it was cool enough to look into a simple fix for the code 19 air bag light on Ms.D's SB. Looked at the wiring harness up by the fire wall and all seemed good. Checked under the seat to see if a wire came loose, that all seemed OK. So as long as I was in the neighborhood I thought I'd start it, and let it run awhile to keep it lubed It wouldn't start. The interior lights are on, and I can hear the fuel pump start, battery is new. I can also hear a faint quick click coming from under the hood that I assume might be a relay of some sort doing it's thing. I tried to jump start it, and got nowhere. The starter doesn't even do the clickity clickity thing. As you all know looking at the starter from above is difficult at best. I see two wires that look old, but do not appear to be broken. The car started 10 days or so ago lickity split, but today deadsville. Is there a fuse that spontaneously craps out, or any other part that just says '*****it today I'm going to die'? If it isn't an easy thing to look at (I'm to fat and crippled to crawl under the car, and have no safe place to jack it up) it's off to the stealership for repairs. I heard the clock spring could be a culprit in the airbag situation could that also render the car impotent? Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions. Just occurred to me to see if there is a code so I'll check that. Assuming there isn't I still have the same question.

Just put the code reader on it and got P1000 which seems to be some sort of OBD not ready code. Cleared it and it came right back.
    Last edited by Mr. Man; 07-04-2021 at 04:15 PM.

Thread Information