Thread: Supposed Air bag issue on Ms D's SB

Supposed Air bag issue on Ms D's SB

Took Ms. D's Silver Birch to the dealer to see if they could fix the Code 19 airbag blinking light. According to them the RCM is faulty. They pulled code B2293 which is a Restraint System Airbag Fault, Drivers Side. Also said they got B1242 which is a Air Flow Recirculation Door, Drivers Circuit Fault. Not sure if that one related, or if it's the BCM acting up. Apparently the RCM for the Marauder is obsolete, so I will need to track one down. They say there was a TSB about the RCM in April of 2015. Seems odd they would have a TSB in 2015 for a car that hadn't been built in over 10 years. I got the impression the part is specific to the Marauder as the dealer said the CV and GM use different parts. Not sure I buy that, but OK.

Where is the RCM located? Is the RCM married to the car, or can I use one from a wrecked car? I see there is a company that fixes them for 60 bucks. Does Fastblacmerc repair them? Jim, Jim, Jim.....

The no start issue turned out to be corroded wires at the solenoid, and they broke off the terminals trying to take it apart. Luckily I had a new starter just in case that was the issue. My guess is there was no issue with the starter itself, but dealers are just pull and replace for the most part. So the car starts now so all good there.

Anyone have a spare RCM they want rid of? I'll start searching the interwebs for one as well.

Thanks for reading.

Sorry, I'm sure I'm not the only person. What is a RCM?

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKMARAUDER04 View Post
    Sorry, I'm sure I'm not the only person. What is a RCM?
    Restraint control module

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    Took Ms. D's Silver Birch to the dealer to see if they could fix the Code 19 airbag blinking light. According to them the RCM is faulty. They pulled code B2293 which is a Restraint System Airbag Fault, Drivers Side. Also said they got B1242 which is a Air Flow Recirculation Door, Drivers Circuit Fault. Not sure if that one related, or if it's the BCM acting up. Apparently the RCM for the Marauder is obsolete, so I will need to track one down. They say there was a TSB about the RCM in April of 2015. Seems odd they would have a TSB in 2015 for a car that hadn't been built in over 10 years. I got the impression the part is specific to the Marauder as the dealer said the CV and GM use different parts. Not sure I buy that, but OK.

Where is the RCM located? Is the RCM married to the car, or can I use one from a wrecked car? I see there is a company that fixes them for 60 bucks. Does Fastblacmerc repair them? Jim, Jim, Jim.....

The no start issue turned out to be corroded wires at the solenoid, and they broke off the terminals trying to take it apart. Luckily I had a new starter just in case that was the issue. My guess is there was no issue with the starter itself, but dealers are just pull and replace for the most part. So the car starts now so all good there.

Anyone have a spare RCM they want rid of? I'll start searching the interwebs for one as well.

Thanks for reading.
    Jerry has some, year will matter as will if you have seat airbags. The module is on the transmission tunnel directly under the dash.

I believe a Vic unit will work as long as the same options are present(seat bags), and, it is not VIN locked

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

I have one from the car I'm parting out part#4w73-14b321-ba.Drove the car home 50 miles before I decided it was too far gone to repair. Had no air bag lights lit on the dash & all the airbags were intact so I assume there is nothing wrong with it. lmk if you want it
    Last edited by mustangeddie; 08-02-2021 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangeddie View Post
    I have one from the car I'm parting out part#4w73-14b321-ba.Drove the car home 50 miles before I decided it was to far gone to repair. Had no air bag lights lit on the dash & all the airbags were intact so I assume there is nothing wrong with it. lmk if you want it
    Let me take a look at the number on the part in the car. Number I'm seeing on the interwebs is 3W7A-14B321-AC. What year is the car your parting?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    Jerry has some, year will matter as will if you have seat airbags. The module is on the transmission tunnel directly under the dash.

I believe a Vic unit will work as long as the same options are present(seat bags), and, it is not VIN locked

Thanks for the info. Which Jerry are we talking about?

Let me take a look at the number on the part in the car. Number I'm seeing on the interwebs is 3W7A-14B321-AC. What year is the car your parting?
    2004... the 3w7a part# is a 2003 part# but may run into early 2004 production

Thanks for the info. Which Jerry are we talking about?
    LJI_372

BTW, the first digit signifies the year, 3=2003, 4=2004 and so forth.

Thanks for reading.
    I wouldn't know an RCM if you threw it at me.

Sorry.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I saw that you had an RCM for a Marauder. I saw the number. How much do you want for this one as my car is a 2003.

I sure hope you found your RCM. I bought a low mileage Marauder in April and 3 weeks later the Airbag lite came on and the Ford Dealer diagnosed the problem as the RCM. A 2003 Marauder. The car has been at the Ford dealer for 10 weeks. They can't even find one from salvage. RCMs are not easy to find. Airbags .com will only repair one if the car has been in wreck.

Thread Information