Thread: Speaker recommendations for my F150?

Speaker recommendations for my F150?

So this is my “beater” truck that i actually do love but it is a beater with 185,000 miles. With that said, anything that goes into it is typically budget minded so please keep to just that. It is a vehicle that was bought cheap for the sole purpose of being a beater and has been fully payed off for a few years. It has served my every purpose for eight years now, has never failed me, but old enough to be fire sold if it were to blow the engine or trans. At this point it has only cost me $118/month to own! I certainly have the money, but only because I’m smart with it if you don’t include the Marauder… So common sense says stick to basics here guys.

Truck:

2004 new style, non heritage F150 Lariat supercrew 4x4 with factory speakers, amp, sub, and recently added Amazon Binize Android 10 head unit mostly because I wanted CarPlay and Nav.

Binize Android 10 Double Din Car Stereo Radio Compatible with Apple Carplay&Android Auto 7 Inch Bluetooth Touchscreen GPS Navigation/AM/FM/EQ/Reversing Image/Mirror(Android 10+Carplay+Android Auto) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08B5SR2ZJ...ing=UTF8&psc=1

The stock system sound quality was 80% or so “good enough” ever since I added the factory amp and sub a few years ago, but since adding the head unit only songs with deep rolling bass come in halfway decent (but not quite as loud as I’d like). Anything with quick punching bass drops or any standard classic rock sounds like complete crap.

Basically Flor Ida’s “Low” or Hugo’s “Twitch and Tug” = pretty good sound but wish it was a tad louder.

And anything such as AC/DC, Bob Seger, or Disturded lack any decent sound at all. Super muffled all across the waves and I honestly can’t find a volume that helps at all.

I’ve played with the head units EQ to no end and no matter how I adjust it comes out muffled. I purchased the first one of these for my Daughter’s ‘02 focus and while not perfect it it sounds four times better than the stock head unit and is plenty fine. Only difference between hers and mine besides obvious speaker locations is she doesn’t have a factory amp/sub.

I am NOT a “stereo guy”! In fact I’ve had ringing in both ears for eight years now from a hard hit to my forehead job site accident. It has not left me deaf by no means but has left me unable to put sound waves together as quickly as before to the point I now fully use captions on tv… FML

So I realize factory speakers typically don’t work well with aftermarket head units but I’d like options of only speakers and if absolutely essential a sub/amp combo to fit the factory under seat enclosure. 2 way, 3 way, OHM’s????

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Grab some rockford fosgate power series components in the sizes for your application. They make adapter plates to adapt a round speaker to a Ford 5x7 hole and they come with the component set. I have 6” in my marauders doors done this way and they work great. Then you just need a multi channel amp to push them. Depending on how many speakers your gonna push will determine how many channels you’ll need. Typically a 4 channel though.

Any top brands will sound better than the stock speakers. Get some pioneer or Kenwood or Sony from Walmart, if you want a little better sound get alpine or infinity but those are a little more expensive. Most speakers are two way, I've tried some three way speakers but honestly I couldn't hear the difference.
    2003 Mercury Grandma on steroids

Spend a day putzin' around the junkyard. Never know what you'll find for cheap.

www.crutchfield.com is a great place to shop for car audio. They are sometimes not the cheapest, but they have customer service that is second to nobody.
    2004 SB #2150 of 3214 Moonroof, Heated Seats and 6 CD Changer. Non OEM Mufflers and 32,XXX miles and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbob View Post
    www.crutchfield.com is a great place to shop for car audio. ...they have customer service that is second to nobody.
    -----------------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS! Sooooo true! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WLB
    BB#1) 1996 ImpalaSS - 16,500 miles - 100% stock
    ______________________________ ___________

BB#2) 2003 Marauder (300a) - 34k miles - Daily Driver
    #2912 of 7093
    Conceived 8/6/2002
    Delivered 9/19/2002
    Adopted 8/10/2011
    Trilogy 242 - Self Installed 9/9/12 (0-60 5.5 sec)
    Pioneer 6x8 Front
    Legacy 600w 6x9 Rears
    JL 6.5 SubWoofer
    K&N CAI
    Window tint 50% rear/35% front
    FBM CHMSL with Strobe mod 7/1/12
    DR Deep Aluminum Trans Pan
    Sparta FOMOCO Racing 8.8 Girdle
    Mo's Dyno Tune
    Gorilla Nuts - The System
    Ford Racing 4.10s, 31 spline Cobra carrier & axles 7/1/12
    Powder Coat Axle Housing 7/1/12