The other day I started having the A/C shift to defrost whenever I gave it throttle. Now it's full defrost all the time, I can't get it to adjust to anything else. Reading on here I decided to check the O-rings. The previous owner just got a Dorman reman EATC from Autozone before I bought the car. I still took that apart and found nice shiny orange silicone o-rings. Looks like Dorman rebuilt them correctly.

Now, I was reading on this forum trying to determine if there is a blend door associated with the defrost thing and I got a little confused as everything I read was about the heat/cool blend door. Since the #1 reason for this tends to be vacuum I decided to try a smoke test. I only found one small leak on the EGR housing (not sure if that would be the cause of the defrost only thing).

I looked under the dash and found what looks like a white vacuum hose just hanging out not plugged into anything. I have attached a picture of this hose. I doubt this is my issue as it just started happening about a week ago and this hose appears to be taped up.

Besides tearing into the dash, is there something else I should look into?

IMG_20210829_112500.jpg