Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's been a while...

It's been a while...

According to my post history, the last time I posted was end of August last year. If you need a refresher, I'm the MM owner formerly known as IwantmyMMnow and resurfaced with my current name shortly before the last time a Louisville meet actually happened (2019). I just looked at some of the pics from that meet...I had completely forgotten I was there.

Without going into much detail other than to say depression is a *****, last week I started working on bringing my MM back from the dead. I moved from Asheville to just outside of Charlotte shortly after my father passed during summer 2019. Since then I've only put 500 miles on my MM and it had been just sitting (outside) since Feb this year; hadn't even started it up once over the past 8 months. Let the registration and even my driver's license expire. Like I said, depression (with a side of anxiety to boot) is a *****. Things have gotten better recently, I'm happy to say.

Last week I put a new battery in it to get it to start up and drive it around the neighborhood to see what would fall off, bust apart, or blow up and am glad to say nothing catastrophic happened; had to fight the cobwebs for room in the drivers seat though. Got it inspected (and passed) and will get the tags renewed (without issue, I hope) later this week. Washed it for the first time in probably 4 or 5 years (no joke) this past weekend, but still needs a good vacuum and wipe down of interior. Changed the oil considering it has been roughly a year since the last time it was done.

Now that I've re-acquainted myself with my MM, I've got some questions and other items for discussion that have come to mind...

- Would like to see pics of what the folks have for aftermarket headlights. I'm running HIDs myself, just curious as to what else is out there.
    - The leather wrap for my steering wheel and the gear shift selector are in poor shape; anybody have similar issues and what did you to remedy these issues? I know for the steering wheel the cheap way is to buy one of those covers, but would like to see if there are other options.
    - Is it possible to get/buy new interior carpeting? I used to smoke (quit when I had a heart attack 4 years ago) and my MM smells like an ashtray. I've tried Febreze and baking soda over the past week and it still smells like smoke. Also, the carpet behind the drivers seat is damp. I know it's not rain leaking in somewhere because when I took the floor mat out, it was damp and heavy and slightly discolored...something was spilled back there but I don't know what or when. Thinking I should replace all of the interior carpeting.
    - The padding/leather on the elbow rest of my center console is cracked where I rest my elbow. I have a replacement, but it looks like they are pop-riveted in to the bucket piece and not fastened with screws. Is this correct and if so, has anyone else replaced this part and how? The felt lining of the bucket on the extra one I have is fubar'ed so I just want to swap the padded part.
    - I have a trunk lid spoiler and the clearcoat is peeling badly on it. I found a paint/body shop I want to take it to, but don't know how to remove it. Which holes in the trunk lid give access to the bolts that hold it on and what size are they? Can it be removed via ratchet?

Thanks in advance for the help. Good to have my MM running again and that I still have a good amount of desire to start tinkering with it again. Also feels good to re-establish contact with the rest of the Marauder community and look forward to being active once again. Sad to see we've had members and/or spouses/family of members pass on...I offer my condolences to them.

It's time for the Silver Phoenix to rise yet again...

I had these made by Kevin at Pantherlights.com. He does great work and his customer service is excellent! These projectors are leaps and bounds above any bulb in a stock headlight housing.

Note: I cannot get the one pic to rotate correctly?
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Hey Kyle-

Nice to hear from you again and wow you been thru a lot in pass-- Pm me where just outside Charlotte you located and any other contact info you want to share and will return same-

Still have my MM and for 19 years as of yesterday--Mine needs a new fuel pump--working on that too --have a new alternator in box for it too will do when I get fuel pump done later same time.

Tom
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

Hey Kyle! Long time no see bud!
    There is 4 plastic plugs that hide the nuts for the spoiler under the deck lid. 10mm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by blazen71 View Post
    I had these made by Kevin at Pantherlights.com. He does great work and his customer service is excellent! These projectors are leaps and bounds above any bulb in a stock headlight housing.

Note: I cannot get the one pic to rotate correctly?
    Those look really cool. Visited the website and everything on the custom headlights page is sold out...

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderman View Post
    Hey Kyle-

Nice to hear from you again and wow you been thru a lot in pass-- Pm me where just outside Charlotte you located and any other contact info you want to share and will return same-

Still have my MM and for 19 years as of yesterday--Mine needs a new fuel pump--working on that too --have a new alternator in box for it too will do when I get fuel pump done later same time.

Tom
    Good to see you're still here, Tom! I'll shoot you a PM later today. Would like to meet up sometime so you can once again see the MM I bought hours before you tried to...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Hey Kyle! Long time no see bud!
    There is 4 plastic plugs that hide the nuts for the spoiler under the deck lid. 10mm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hey Bob! I must not have been looking at the right place...don't remember seeing any plastic plugs. Will take a look again. When I tried to look the other day I actually 'fell' into my trunk and had a hell of a time getting my fat ass back out, so I was probably not as focused as I should have been...

Say hi to Joe and the rest of the Chi-town crew for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPhoenix View Post
    Those look really cool. Visited the website and everything on the custom headlights page is sold out...
    Custom is made to order. He's not taking new orders till 2022. He moved to a new location and is a one man shop. It's worth the wait!
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Custom is made to order. He's not taking new orders till 2022. He moved to a new location and is a one man shop. It's worth the wait!
    Ah, ok. As a first time visitor I was a bit confused when I saw all the "SOLD OUT" banners on everything...lol. Guess I'll revisit in 3-4 months. How much did yours cost?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPhoenix View Post
    How much did yours cost?
    Take the price of a retrofit kit and add approx. $300 for labor, assuming you supply your headlight housings.

Take the price of a retrofit kit and add approx. $300 for labor, assuming you supply your headlight housings.
    Ok, good to know...thanks for the info.

Kevin's headlights are $600+ depending on options with you supplying new housings.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I just received my Morimoto fog lights from Panther lighting, I will probably do the GTR Ultra 2 light bulbs he sells for the headlights not to break the bank and get improved lighting (see link for vid)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI-X6VqJb4E&t=32s

2003 Marauder Purchased Feb. 2021 from original owner 62,000 miles
    Cylinder Head Cooling Mod from Marty
    K&N Cold Air Intake
    SCT 4 with custom Tune
    Stainless Works Cat Back exhaust with Magnaflow 10416 mufflers
    4:10 gears with Cobra Carbon posi disc and Ford Girdle cover
    Real Oil pressure gauge Autometer
    Morimoto XB LED fog lights from Panther Lights
    Headlight bulbs GTR Lighting Ultra 2.0 from Panther Lights
    TCI Trans. Pan
    Aeromotive 340 fuel pump

Hey man, cant say I have the answers to your technical questions, but congratulations on the first steps out of depression. it's an insidious mf. Keep taking steps forward, remember that your health is worth taking care of (that's what took my dad last month), and strangers on the internet are rooting for you. Good luck man!

I will say I've bought bulbs and foglights from Kevin at Pantherlights, and he is very good to deal with and will take the extra steps to make sure you're taken care of. In the mean time, the Morimoto LED bulbs he has are a good upgrade that works well in a stock housing, if the lenses aren't too fogged.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel.drives View Post
    Hey man, cant say I have the answers to your technical questions, but congratulations on the first steps out of depression. it's an insidious mf. Keep taking steps forward, remember that your health is worth taking care of (that's what took my dad last month), and strangers on the internet are rooting for you. Good luck man!

I will say I've bought bulbs and foglights from Kevin at Pantherlights, and he is very good to deal with and will take the extra steps to make sure you're taken care of. In the mean time, the Morimoto LED bulbs he has are a good upgrade that works well in a stock housing, if the lenses aren't too fogged.
    Thanks for the kind words. Sorry to hear about your father; I lost mine 2 years ago to cancer. It appears the Pantherlights store is closed until further notice, which is probably a good thing since I need to spend money on things I NEED to get fixed vs things I WANT right now...lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information