Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine detailing/colors

Engine detailing/colors

Hello all,

My 03 valve covers on the car currently are bubbling some and I would like to redo them. Since I am going to redo them I may want to change color, and do timing cover same color and do something also with the intake. Any pics of what you guys and girls have done for ideas???

these colors I like but dont know if too much for this, I also want to paint my brake calipers but typically do not like colors but might match to valve covers. Also thought about gunmetal grey color if these colors seem too loud

2003 Marauder Purchased Feb. 2021 from original owner 62,000 miles
    Cylinder Head Cooling Mod from Marty
    K&N Cold Air Intake
    SCT 4 with custom Tune
    Stainless Works Cat Back exhaust with Magnaflow 10416 mufflers
    4:10 gears with Cobra Carbon posi disc and Ford Girdle cover
    Real Oil pressure gauge Autometer
    Morimoto XB LED fog lights from Panther Lights
    Headlight bulbs GTR Lighting Ultra 2.0 from Panther Lights
    TCI Trans. Pan
    Aeromotive 340 fuel pump

I've seen variations of both colors as well as yellow, black, gold, blue, silver, polished/chrome probably a few others, but I can't recall ever seeing green, pink or brown on a Marauder. What's your favorite color? Go for it!

I used heavy silver powdercoat and am very happy with the outcome. It always looks clean!
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

I have always been partial to the blue found on the aluminator or the chrome like the Shermanator has.

My pick was a couple of subtle earthly tones almost jewelry like. Also I just used engine spray paint because cheap. It’s lasted longer than I’d ever imagine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Wow
    You guys have some beautiful engines!
    Ex Panther Owner

Nice vacuum setup Bob
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    Wow
    You guys have some beautiful engines!
    At this point in my life, I always choose the "less maintenance" option. Silver always looks clean even when its filthy!

Attachment 52029

Quote Originally Posted by blazen71 View Post
    At this point in my life, I always choose the "less maintenance" option. Silver always looks clean even when its filthy!

Attachment 52029
    Agreed ........
    Ex Panther Owner

Quote Originally Posted by blazen71 View Post
    Nice vacuum setup Bob
    Yeah, literally the last thing to do and I’ve only been saying it for what 6 years now? LOL The older I get the less in a hurry I am..!

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Mine...

Looks good! Nice Twin Screw!!!!

I had mine powder coated silver. I like it a lot better than the original black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Black 2003 300A- built 9/07/02, # 4,675 of 7094. Trilogy #243, Installed and tuned by Mo's Speed Shop. K&N cold air intake, Aeromotive fuel pump, Kenne-Bell boost a pump, dual oil catch cans, cooling mod, complete Stainless Works long tube headers and exhaust system, Meg's non-resonated 3.5" exhaust tips , 4.10 gears. Zack & Jerry big brake conversion, TCE stainless brake lines, Ntto NT555-G2 tires;. Ridetech coilovers in front Ridetech adjustable shocks on rear air suspension. ADTR front & rear sway bars, Metco rear control arms, watts link and driveshaft loop, upgraded transmission , PTC 2800- 3000 stall torque converter, transmission cooler, driveshaft balanced, window tint, trunk spoiler, trunk organizer, SS rear bumper inserts. S55 tail lights, Red Line floor mats, Ford Escape Audiophile 6 CD Stereo, BC4E dead pedal. FBM satin aluminum pedals. Colex Supercharged Marauder emblems. Car Motorsports custom hood insulator.

Silver and Black looks the cleanest I think.

Thanks everyone, all very nice options, I am not set on anything yet, I guess when the time comes to do it it will be how I feel that day. Now was just looking at my engine, does not look easy to change valve covers that's for sure

2003 Marauder Purchased Feb. 2021 from original owner 62,000 miles
    Cylinder Head Cooling Mod from Marty
    K&N Cold Air Intake
    SCT 4 with custom Tune
    Stainless Works Cat Back exhaust with Magnaflow 10416 mufflers
    4:10 gears with Cobra Carbon posi disc and Ford Girdle cover
    Real Oil pressure gauge Autometer
    Morimoto XB LED fog lights from Panther Lights
    Headlight bulbs GTR Lighting Ultra 2.0 from Panther Lights
    TCI Trans. Pan
    Aeromotive 340 fuel pump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast