Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Locked out

Post Locked out

Hey Guys, back again from my "summer gig" up in the mountains. Time to get this baby rolling! Not much work to do, 'cept replacing the oil pan with a new one I had a bung welded into for the Vortech SC oil drain.

BUT*8%^7$#@34 I think I locked my only key in the trunk ! Arrrrgghhh.

So, anyone know the best way to get that trunk open w/o a key?
    The car is up on jacks
    the button on the the drivers side door doesnt do it
    I have the back seat back and seat cushions out...but the rear tire stares me in the face..
    Is there a latch back in the cavernous trunk somewhere that I might be able to somehow grab?

Thanks - and good to be back
    -KK
    '03 Silver Birch. Stock rebuilt 4.L 32V DOHC, V7-JT blower w/ADTR racing supercharger kit, Shift kit in transmission, stainless works long pipes and cat backs, Ridetech coil-overs front, shocks in back (ADTR kit). Rebuilt calipers, upgraded front rotors, OEM Mercury wheels, [boost, oil P, WB fuel/air, and fuel pressure] gauges. Build duration was Dec 2019 to Mar 2022. 8 rib serp belt upgrade i/p.

Why doesn’t the trunk release button work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98 P71 SOLD

2003 MARAUDER - BLACK ~ Race Car
    2003 MARAUDER - DARK BLUE PEARL ~ DD
    2002 Crown Vic Sport ~ top secret project car

I dont know. I depress it and nothing happens. There is no battery in the car...does it need juice to operate?
    '03 Silver Birch. Stock rebuilt 4.L 32V DOHC, V7-JT blower w/ADTR racing supercharger kit, Shift kit in transmission, stainless works long pipes and cat backs, Ridetech coil-overs front, shocks in back (ADTR kit). Rebuilt calipers, upgraded front rotors, OEM Mercury wheels, [boost, oil P, WB fuel/air, and fuel pressure] gauges. Build duration was Dec 2019 to Mar 2022. 8 rib serp belt upgrade i/p.

Quote Originally Posted by azgolfrat View Post
    I dont know. I depress it and nothing happens. There is no battery in the car...does it need juice to operate?
    Yes! Put a good battery in and it will work.

98 P71 SOLD

ok. I've not had a battery in since Nov '19 when I took the engine out. I guess now is a good time to start. :/
    Many thanks
    -KK

Still locked out

Well, I connected up a battery and got a lot of heat and smoke.
    The button did not release the trunk.
    I must have something incorrectly wired on the marauder ...though I was pretty careful as I went...
    In any case..
    Any other ideas? Is there a release latch interior to the trunk?
    Thanks
    KK

Quote Originally Posted by azgolfrat View Post
    Well, I connected up a battery and got a lot of heat and smoke.
    The button did not release the trunk.
    I must have something incorrectly wired on the marauder ...though I was pretty careful as I went...
    In any case..
    Any other ideas? Is there a release latch interior to the trunk?
    Thanks
    KK
    Heat and smoke from connecting the battery???? You might have bigger problems at this point I would say stop until you can get someone to work on it and resolve that electrical issue. That is a serious problem and will need to be fixed regardless, start with that and then you’ll be able to get your keys. However that being said, if you are absolutely desperate to get into the trunk you can smash out one of the reverse lights. You’ll be able to stick your hand in and pull the child emergency trunk release. I think you can do either reverse light. Keep in mind marauder reverse lights are unique to the marauder slightly tinted from the factory so you’ll be destroying something that I’m not sure you can get replacements for. You could always tint some crown Vic ones. Regardless highly doubt you are going to resort to this but you asked so that is the only other way I know of to get into the trunk. I can confirm it works I did it to a crown Vic at a junkyard that had aftermarket LED taillights that I wanted. Pretty sure I did the passenger right side reverse light but it has been many years hard to say for sure. you can also go practice this at a junkyard, I found that the end of an axle shaft works great as a ramming/smashing device

98 P71 SOLD

Yeah, that was a bit of a surprise ...I'll recheck all the wiring and see what doesnt look right. Some type of short I am sure.
    I'm not going to bust in. Maybe get a locksmith out here.
    Thanks again
    -KK

There is a release handle inside the trunk. My pic will prob be upside down.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Still locked out

Quote Originally Posted by blazen71 View Post
    There is a release handle inside the trunk. My pic will prob be upside down.
    Thanks Blazen..
    I'll get to that thing one way or another

Don’t forget that pesky hot starter cable resting on a ground when you hook up the battery.. Or the fuse box lead. Or the Alternator wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

NOT locked out

Thanks Blazen. I got in from behind the back seat and used a golf ball retriever to yank on the release.
    Just Bob, I'll let you know what dog gone electrical problem I caused when I find it...thanks for the leads :-)

-KK

Blazen and JB,
    In my electrical trouble shooting, I got into the trunk and started reviewing my fuel pump booster and relay install. This booster (and the higher flow fuel pump) came with the SC kit from Chris at ADTR.
    There was a diagram for the recommended install that used to be on this site, however, ...following my previously used link, it seems to have gone away. :/
    So, see my attached pic of what the correct install, I think, should look like.
    Does this seem correct to you...?
    (The relay allows the fuel pump cut off to work as intended when needed. The relay also keeps the booster from being powered when the ignition is off.)
    Would value your input a lot here...may be the cause of my electrical issues.
    Thanks
    -KK
    Attachment 52053

I have never worked with a BAP. I run a return fuel system.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Quote Originally Posted by blazen71 View Post
    I have never worked with a BAP. I run a return fuel system.
    Return style as well. But back when I did use a BAP I just ran it per the Trilogy instruction manual which is not the proper way. Things change over the years. Lessons learned the hard way, better ways, improved parts… Go with the latest and greatest.

I never upgraded the wiring and I never had a single problem in a number of years that way. I even ran an Aeromotive 340 that is not recommended for returnless and zero issue. However the last year I was returnless I was cooking my fuel in anything over 85* so I believe after all those years I had finally fried the FPDM. Still have the same pump and added a second one though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information