Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Locked out

Blazen,
    On the phone with Mo's speed shop a bit ago, his helper, who was really helpful, explained to me the process for tuning the car (remember I added a Super Charger and a bigger fuel pump)... it involved driving the car and real time sending engine data to Mo who would real time use that data to tune the car remotely (he's in GA, I'm in AZ). After reading the article at the link you sent (thanks btw), I'm wondering "what 1st?"
    If I go with Mo's tune 1st, I can't do the break in a described by the article. If I go for break in 1st, per the article, I would do it on a car that isn't tuned, and I'm not sure that is a good thing to do.

Is it possible to do the tune on the dyno during a dyno break in?

I thought taking out the kmember was tricky. :-)
    '03 Silver Birch. Stock rebuilt 4.L 32V DOHC, V7-JT blower w/ADTR racing supercharger kit, Shift kit in transmission, stainless works long pipes and cat backs, Ridetech coil-overs front, shocks in back (ADTR kit). Rebuilt calipers, upgraded front rotors, OEM Mercury wheels, [boost, oil P, WB fuel/air, and fuel pressure] gauges. Build duration was Dec 2019 to Mar 2022. 8 rib serp belt upgrade i/p.

Blazen, I think I saw Mo is on the site....maybe I should ask his recommendation?
    '03 Silver Birch. Stock rebuilt 4.L 32V DOHC, V7-JT blower w/ADTR racing supercharger kit, Shift kit in transmission, stainless works long pipes and cat backs, Ridetech coil-overs front, shocks in back (ADTR kit). Rebuilt calipers, upgraded front rotors, OEM Mercury wheels, [boost, oil P, WB fuel/air, and fuel pressure] gauges. Build duration was Dec 2019 to Mar 2022. 8 rib serp belt upgrade i/p.

Quote Originally Posted by azgolfrat View Post
    Blazen, I think I saw Mo is on the site....maybe I should ask his recommendation?
    Yes, talk to Marty (Mo) about the process. He'll guide you in the right direction. On the oil filter adaptor there should be a pipe plug or the oil pressure sender. Remove it and thread in a pipe fitting with a hose barb on it. Hook up the hose from sprayer and pump oil. When done, remove the hose barb and reinstall the pipe plug or sender.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

I've done several remote tuning sessions with Marty. It's a simple process with great results.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

OK, I get it. I have my supercharger oil feed on that port. Should be no problem to remove it temporarily.
    I really appreciate the help from you and JB.
    I will let you know what Zimmerman says for break in (will consult him in any case).
    Thanks
    -KK

No problem. It's nice to see people still interested in modding these old tanks, and doing the wrenching yourself!

Guys, I'm going to pre oil the engine per the description from Blazen above - I'm going to use the gizmo in the photo below to provide the pressure to get the oil in through the port on the oil filter adapter.
    Think this will work?
    Attachment 52193
    I use the pictured gizmo to hand pump/ siphon oil out through the dispstick tube of my 2015 Genesis - getting the undercover off for access to the oil pan drain plug is a real pain in the neck (though I've recently made some mods that have made it easier)
    Thanks
    -KK

Pump 6qts MAX. Don't fill that thing up and pump it all in

what? a little oil is good , so more must be better!
    Thanks for the help :-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information