Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The new trans arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by khamilton1 View Post
    I will say they have been in constant contact with me. While this has gone on far too long, the carrier coming to pick up the trans wasn't really their fault. Whoever was supposed to research what I had with my VIN completely dropped the ball. And my improper TC install caused the 2nd one. So I guess, all in all, this was just a horror show of bad luck.
    It happens far too often is the problem. I’m personally sick and tired of the few lazy work from home types providing horrible service and at the same time making all others look bad. I work from home maybe 8 hours a month to do print review and material lists on an upcoming Plumbing job and have to now deal with suspicious bosses that was never once a problem until they also witnessed first hand the short cutters. I work extra hard at home in climate control and quietness!

Not saying this is your case on the initial order but you never know?

The important thing is to plow through it and maintain your sanity and be more diligent in figuring out the few in our lives that need to be treated like a 5th grader and coloring them a map with big beautiful pictures to achieve your goals! I sure for one can spot them a mile away anymore..

You’ll get it sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I can vouch for the crossmember removal tool recommend.
    '03 Silver Birch. Stock rebuilt 4.L 32V DOHC, V7-JT blower w/ADTR racing supercharger kit, Shift kit in transmission, stainless works long pipes and cat backs, Ridetech coil-overs front, shocks in back (ADTR kit). Rebuilt calipers, upgraded front rotors, OEM Mercury wheels, [boost, oil P, WB fuel/air, and fuel pressure] gauges. Build duration was Dec 2019 to Mar 2022. 8 rib serp belt upgrade i/p.

justbob, I know that all too well with my job. I was worried this would taint my experience with the car since I haven't even had it a year, but all it's done is make me want to build it bigger and better. Nothing says hilarious like being gapped by a grandpa crown vic!

I just hope it's at least built properly inside, so I can experience those sweet quick shifts. Next stop is getting a tune to get rid of the short shifting.

Ah, the fun continues. They installed the shifter arm upside down. Now they get to spend another $400 to round trip it again. I told them it would be cheaper if the just refunded my money, as if it wasn't right after 3 attempts, it won't be right after the 4th.

Wow, that is crazy. Hopefully they don't screw it up again for you. Still weird how late 04 cars might have a 4r70 trans instead of the 4r75, going to have to check mines now.
    2004 Mercury Marauder, Black
    2008 Crown Victoria P71, Silver
    2010 Crown Victoria P7B, Black
    2010 Crown Victoria P7B, White

I would call my credit card company and open a dispute so they can get my money back.
    Afterwards I would PM 88grandmarquis and ask Eric to build me a stronger unit just incase you ever go forced induction.

I can vouch for him, I'm making well over 600hp and the trans he built me has held up well. My car is an early 2003 and I'm running a 4R75E which in factory form is stronger than both 4R70W and 4R75W

Guys, it's cool. They sorted it out. They sent me a youtube video to fix it myself.

I'll definitely do that instead. It is just the shift linkage right inside the pan.

The code for the transmission type is on the label in the driver's door jamb.
    The VIN does not carry any transmission indicators.
    Ford switched back and forth between the 4R70W and 75W for the latter half of 2003 and the early half of 2004.
    The only way to know what you got was to look at the label or crawl under the car.
    Pete...

2k04 BLACK Mercury Marauder 300A #810 of 3223
    DOB 10/31/2003
    DOP 1/2/2004
    2k19 AGATE FORD Edge ST with Performance Brakes
    DOB 12/11/2018
    DOP 6/19/2019

Water Wetter, K&N AirCharger/Drycharger, SS Inserts,
    SilverStar 9007SU, WeatherTech WeatherFlectors, Steering Wheel Badge,
    AutoMeter Gauges (Oil Press, Voltmeter, and Trans Oil Temp),
    ASC 840 VSS Sunroof, Kenwood KFC-C6879ie x4, COBRA Fender Badges,
    Z&M Rear Control Arms, FORD GT Coil Covers,
    Gorilla Lock Lugs all around, Decklid Designs Trunk Lid Liner,
    SCT Xcalibrator2 (Innovative Interceptors) w/Lidio's (Alternative Automotive) Marauder 3.55 tuning,
    4R75W by Fred Brown's Performance Transmission, tuned to match Lidio's tune,
    DG Motorsports Carbon Fiber Radiator Cover, Zack's Badgeless Grille,
    Accel 140034-8 Coil Packs, Granatelli Motorsports Coil-On-Plug wires
    Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of rice,
    I will fear no turbo for displacement is with me.

The fun continues!

I watched their youtube video and flipped the shifter arm around. Went to put the shifter module on and it won't fit. IT'S THE WRONG ARM! It looks similar but after looking at older pictures it's definitely not correct. Another email sent asking for a refund. I also found the assistant manager of client care on linkedin. Using their email name scheme, I sent her an email to see if she can help get me a refund. If not, I'll research harder and find higher level folks that work there. Eventually someone will give me a refund to shut me up.

The fun continues!

I watched their youtube video and flipped the shifter arm around. Went to put the shifter module on and it won't fit. IT'S THE WRONG ARM! It looks similar but after looking at older pictures it's definitely not correct. Another email sent asking for a refund. I also found the assistant manager of client care on linkedin. Using their email name scheme, I sent her an email to see if she can help get me a refund. If not, I'll research harder and find higher level folks that work there. Eventually someone will give me a refund to shut me up.
    Guys, it's cool. They sorted it out. They sent me a youtube video to fix it myself.

I'll definitely do that instead. It is just the shift linkage right inside the pan.
    You said "it's cool. They sorted it out."

What's the definition of insanity?

What a nightmare.
    Dave

300a
    production date 06-05-02
    686 of 7838
    Trilogy Supercharged #159
    NV "MARAUDR"

The new trans arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by musclemerc View Post
    You said "it's cool. They sorted it out."

What's the definition of insanity?
    It sounds like the last straw was the wrong bracket. If you ask me he is quite sane and even more forgiving as I would have had it sent back in or tied up in small claims at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I try my best to give the benefit of the doubt if they are at least communicating with me over the situation. I have, however, finally reached my limit and have written them off. I doubt I'll get my money back, and small claims court would cost more time/money than it's worth. That doesn't mean I can't find every single person that works at Monster and send them an email until I'm no longer amused. I have a lot of email addresses so it will be difficult to block me.

The random person I found on linkedin that works at Monster said they are investigating my issue and will get back with me. The main guy I have been talking to didn't respond. I found the bracket off a crown vic on ebay so I can at least get it fixed and attempt to install it. Who knows if the transmission actually works.

The season finale of the transmission saga has arrived. They agreed to a refund with 2 options

Option 1: I send them the transmission back and get a full refund
    Option 2: I keep the transmission and they give me half a refund

I expressed that they already had my core so I would have no transmissions if I sent this one back, which they replied "But you'll have a full refund to buy a new one!".

I said F it and went with Option 2. If this transmission actually works, at least that will be something... I also had to sign an NDA saying I won't talk **** or sue. That made me laugh.

So this was Monster transmission. Good to know. I am buying all the engine parts you know rotation stroker kit cams heads. And was thinking about Monster Transmissions. But i will just wait until i do my engine and rearend. Then take my car to Freedy Brown Transmission. And have them do my trans there in there shop. And hopefully not go thru all this. Because that truly is wack. And alot of back and forth and a lot of money. I truly hope they take care of your trans. So good luck. Hopefully you will get it done right. Sorry you had to go thew all this headace.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information