Thread: 2003 Marauder 65700 mi

2003 Marauder 65700 mi

Sorry to post here as my first post. Been a member at CVN for a while and never had any new earth shattering info to post here but always enjoyed the insight.

So this is my Merc. So far I've had 2 types of people who come look at this car. The first type is the professional test driver that is an expert on all car specs and wants to "slap a super charger on it and tub it". The second type is the guy that thought this car had 13 oil changes in nearly 20 yrs and thought it would be showroom perfect. And since it isn't, start deducting from the asking price for paint, tires, yada yada yada.

It isn't perfect, but what car is?

So the high point...It's extremely low miles. I have only put about 3500 on it since I got it in 2015.
    The low point...It needs a blend door actuator.

Changes from stock that I know of...The previous owner stated the ECU was retuned for higher shift points under hard throttle. The front cat on each side has been removed, leaving the second cat (and 02 sensor) and muffler for each side.

I own a small business and my daily commute is killing me in gas so I needed to liquidate to buy a hybrid of some sort. This car costs me nothing more than registration and insurance to sleep quietly in my garage so I thought I'd let it go. Begrudgingly.

You guys know far more about Marauders than "just a black Grand Marquis" types and I won't be able to slip anything past you. That's why I have come to you. Because you appreciate them as much as I do. Hell, you might even know the car personally for all I know. Open and clear title, and ready to deal down a bit from my asking price.

https://carbondale.craigslist.org/ct...456927557.html

You mean the rear cats were removed. The computer won’t notice the rears but removing the fronts would not go so well on a stock tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Yes Sir. That is correct.

How is the paint? Hard to tell from your pics. If it is near perfect along with rest of car price is very reasonable.

The problem is you're using craigslist, nobody uses craigslist anymore.

List it on cars and bids, the last marauder listed there sold well

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rE0...rcury-marauder

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

The front bumper had 2 primer deep rock chips and a scuff mark on the lower right front. (between the running light and edge of fender) Some light hazing of paint just under the driver's door handle and under the fuel door. And there is a scuff mark on the left front fender between fenderwell and door. As if it were owned by an 80 yr old man with inch long fingernails.

As an owner I feel like the one on the right front is the unsightly-est of them all. I wouldn't say the paint is near perfect. I have never waxed it, only hand washed. But I will say I've only driven it in the rain twice, and it's been garage kept from heat, cold, and elements the whole time I've owned it.

I should ad my main purpose for selling this car is to fund the purchase of a plug-in hybrid like a C-Max. My wife and I commute daily in our MGM for our small business and gas is killing us. I would consider and invite a local trade for a hybrid C-Max, Fusion, or Civic. I'm willing to ad some cash to equalize value if I have to.

You mentioned that the previous owner had the ECU re-tuned? Do you know how that was done? I'm not 100% sure, but I think you need a hand held tuner to do that.

I changed my blend door and it's a PITA.

I do no know how it was done. Only relaying what I was told when I bought it.

offroadkarter; I will explore other venues to advertise, but craigslist is fairly decent for my local area. If it doesn't sell in the next month, there is a local auction house that uses commercial auction software to sell items. They sold a 12k mi Lincoln TC last month for over $13k. They seem to get the traffic.

Can we ask who you bought it from Were/are they a member on here?

It looks like you don't drive it in the winter. How about the previous owner? Any chance you could post some pics of the underside?

Any issues with #7 & #8 cylinders?

Do you offer free delivery to Minnesota?

Quote Originally Posted by olschoolsteel View Post
    I do no know how it was done. Only relaying what I was told when I bought it.

offroadkarter; I will explore other venues to advertise, but craigslist is fairly decent for my local area. If it doesn't sell in the next month, there is a local auction house that uses commercial auction software to sell items. They sold a 12k mi Lincoln TC last month for over $13k. They seem to get the traffic.
    This 2200 mile town car just sold for $34,000 on BaT
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ln-town-car-3/

You gotta go to the enthusiast sites, I just sold my 95 Lexus SC400 on Bring a Trailer for $11,000 after buying it a year prior for $5000.

Here are all the Marauders that sold on BaT

https://bringatrailer.com/search/?s=marauder

Craigslist is dead, people have moved on to facebook marketplace now, and either one of those are just going to get you tire kickers and low ballers for a car like this. You don't want "local", you want "nationwide".

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

I can't disagree with anything you said. While I was in Utah, we all used KSL.com to buy and sell anything. I never once used CL. I did list this on cargurus for more visibility. BaT is a good site but have never used it either. That was going to be my next attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by crouse View Post
    Can we ask who you bought it from Were/are they a member on here?

It looks like you don't drive it in the winter. How about the previous owner? Any chance you could post some pics of the underside?

Any issues with #7 & #8 cylinders?

Do you offer free delivery to Minnesota?

I don't think they were a member here but it came out of the Peroria area. It is a garage queen that never sees bad weather. The PO bought it from an estate sale and I got it in 2015. I think I am the 3rd owner. No issues with 7&8 cylinders as far as I know.

I can deliver it to Minnesota with warm coffee from Seattle with an unlimited gas card

Car sold yesterday for 11k.
    Thanks guys for allowing me to post and schooling me up a little. I appreciate it.

Thread Information