Thread: N scale model train rolling stock

N scale model train rolling stock

I have some N scale rolling stock and a few other misc N scale items I was planning on putting up for auction on Ebay, but I think Ebay has gotten too greedy with all their fees and whatnot (for both sellers and buyers). If you're interested in buying what I have, shoot me a PM with what you are looking for and I'll let you know what I've got, send pics, and discuss price.
    Last edited by SilverPhoenix; 11-10-2021 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Re-worded to avoid any confusion...

I’ve got a couple LARGE box’s of N scale already unused otherwise I’d bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Awesome offer. I did N scale 45 years ago, but I have no space to restart
    1963 Marauder S-55, Super Marauder 406
    Only factory 406 powered Marauder, and earliest built Marauder documented to still exist.
    https://sites.google.com/a/wmich.edu/supermarauder/
    ______________________________ _____________

First retailed 2003 Marauder
    Bought 6 June 2002

For some reason I can't 'reply with quote' only with Justbob, so my message to him if I could is "He who dies with the most toys wins"

Quote Originally Posted by kirk View Post
    Awesome offer. I did N scale 45 years ago, but I have no space to restart
    Just to clarify, I've re-worded my original post...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    For some reason I can't 'reply with quote' only with Justbob, so my message to him if I could is "He who dies with the most toys wins"
    Weird, I have the same issue. My message to him is, "Whatcha got?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPhoenix View Post
    Weird, I have the same issue. My message to him is, "Whatcha got?"
    I decided to shut off quotes to me from both of you LOL J/K My internet skills pretty much keep me to the basics, banking, ordering parts, nudity, and good ole .net…

As for whatchi haz, I Honestly don’t recall much as it’s been probably 20 years since I last had them out. Damn time just goes by so fast..

Probably in the neighborhood of a dozen engines, guessing an easy 50+ cars, a dozen or so buildings, a couple of bridges, one being an all wooden huge one to span mountains that the engines probably couldn’t even climb.

I bought it at an estate sale on the cheap and never set it up besides testing it. But now with some time off… I might just have to get it out again. As for track, I remember having way more than I’d ever need. Easily capable of a three main track set up on an 8’ x 8’ layout with multiple switching points. I probably got enough scenery, trees and mountains for half that size? I know I’d be lacking a little on that, cars, and people.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

JB,

Cool. I've created at least a dozen track plans over the years, but have only started to build one. It was a weird U-shape that I tried to cram inside a 6' x 7' area; didn't even finish the main loop before I quit and tore it down. When I was stationed in Massachusetts ('03-'07), I had a 'combined' housing unit on base that was 2 units combined into one, and each unit had its own basement so I had an ENTIRE basement for train stuff and I went nuts buying N scale stuff. I had a 2' x 16' layout with just a big loop and a bunch of yard tracks for all of my rolling stock and even built a smaller 4' x 6' table, both with no plans made...just making it off the cuff and eyeballing things. I sold most of that stuff about 10 years ago and kept just a small amount...4 engines and roughly 25-30 cars.

At the beginning of this year for some unknown reason (boredom I guess) I start looking and buying stuff off ebay. After about 3 weeks I realized I had a problem again, just like in Mass, and quit buying stuff. So now I have a bunch of cars that were part of lots that I don't really want, but there were cars in the lot that I DID want, so I bid on them to see how cheap I could get them for and did pretty good. Then I realized, "You don't have a layout and who knows when you'll ever build one so why the hell are you buying this stuff anyways?"...lol. So now my 'keep' box has more than doubled in size...7 engines and probably near 100 cars.

If you do get back into messing around with your stuff (he he) again let me know and maybe we can do some tradin' or something.
    Last edited by SilverPhoenix; 11-10-2021 at 10:12 PM.

Will do Kyle. I just like the N gauge because it doesn’t take up space and it’s quite cheap. It’s really more of the background that I focus on as I come from an extensive (and expensive) model car history.

SOLD 12/31/2021

I agree with you on the space thing, as for it being cheap...it used to be, but now not so much imo. I have seen some folks using 3D printers to create rolling stock now, so maybe that will have a positive impact on the hobby in terms of cost...will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPhoenix View Post
    I agree with you on the space thing, as for it being cheap...it used to be, but now not so much imo. I have seen some folks using 3D printers to create rolling stock now, so maybe that will have a positive impact on the hobby in terms of cost...will have to wait and see.
    No kidding! I just checked eBay… WOW! Without looking I’m guessing I’m sitting on well over $1,000 that I paid $150 for.

Might be about time to cash in? Nah, that would be like work, I rarely sell squat as I hate most in the big ole modern day buy/sell world…

Hi! Is this still available?

SOLD 12/31/2021

I hear ya. Ebay used to be the go to. After you pay all the fees associated with selling an item you only get ~80% of what the buyer pays. And now they want your SSN on file in order to sell...that's a big nope from me. I've checked out other auction sites and I think I'm gonna give bonanza a try; their fees aren't as high as ebay. Or I just may set up a table in the parking of a local train show...lol.

Thread Information