Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barn Find Marauder in Tiny Utah Town, 1 Owner, 20K Miles

Barn Find Marauder in Tiny Utah Town, 1 Owner, 20K Miles

Howdy to all you Mercurymarauder.net fellows. I'm a regular poster over at CVNet and a Panther Club member for Utah, but I don't yet own a Marauder. One of the members of our local Panther club pointed me to this want ad, just posted, for a cherry 2004 Marauder sitting down in a barn in Kanosh, Utah... a tiny bug-splat of a town just off I-15 between the equally small burgs of Fillmore & Beaver. (That's what she said!) We kind of thought that all the fanboys should know about it, even though it is too rich for our blood. We both own LX Sports and while they're not Marauders, they're enough for us because we like to drive them, not store them.

Here's the local want ad.

https://cars.ksl.com/listing/7538088

Since I was travelling past Kanosh to Cedar City to pick up another car yesterday, I asked if I could stop and look at the car and get the story. I did so and here's what I learned.

This is a ONE OWNER Utah only car that belonged to a 65 year old lifelong bachelor with no heirs who spent all his money and time on FoMoCo products. This bachelor died unexpectedly leaving his estate trustee (who was his mechanic) to liquidate all his cars, which totalled over 30, including about a dozen Continentals from the 40's, 50's, and 70's. It has 20k miles and was meticulously serviced and driven very little. We can all see the good condition it is in, so I went looking with an eye particularly attuned to spot flaws, which is what a serious Marauder buyer will want to look for. Here's what I saw for myself in my cursory inspection.

To start, here's shot of the engine bay.
    engine bay.jpg

It appears to me that it still has the original BFGoodrich tires and they are not fresh... who would expect 17 year old never changed rubber to be fresh, eh? Car only has 20,000 miles on it. Chrome wheels look to have no rash.
    tires.jpg

I could only find 2 flaws in the paint, 1 tiny pinhead chip in the front hood and some hairline topcoat scratches that would probably buff out on the right rear bumper.
    chip.jpgbumper.jpg

That's it for the exterior, on the interior I paid close attention to the leather condition as I recondition a lot of Vic, LTC and Marquis seats. This leather has no cracks, no worn spots, to rips, just some very light creases on the driver's left lower bolster, shown here.
    seat lower.jpg

That's the worst of it. To the touch, I found only one panel, the right lower bolster, that felt a little dry and could use some Leather CPR cream, all the others were soft and supple. This was easily the best leather interior I've ever seen on Panther of this age.

The guys over at CVNet were very interested in any shots I could take of the underbody, since most of them are east coast guys where rust rot is an issue. It tends not to be a concern out here in the arid west. I did what I could to take some representative shots in the garage, but it was raining the day I was there and the farm is on a dirt road with a gravel driveway so we did NOT drive the car. I started it and tested every switch I could test and found no issues, but I didn't drive it.

Here are the underbody shots I took, make of them what you will.
    underside 1.jpgunderside 3.jpgunderside 4.jpgunderside 5.jpg

I've no interest in the car, if any of you do, contact the guy on the linked ad directly. After our visit I told him to go search through the dead guy's paperwork to look for the window sticker and invoice, as well as his closet for the jacket. Who knows what he'll find?

One things for sure, it's the best Marauder I've ever seen. And shipping shouldn't be too bad since it sits right on I-15 near the I-70 juncture.

Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Does it have a Moonroof?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 03Merc View Post
    Does it have a Moonroof?

No it does not.

They made Marauders in colors?

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Yep, (for those few who may not know) 8300 in black, about 1300 in silver, 980 in Dark Toreador Red, and 300 something in Blue.

The Blue looks kinda odd, in my opinion.

Hope the guy gets his price or close to it. To rich for my blood though.

Quote Originally Posted by dmblanch View Post
    Yep, (for those few who may not know) 8300 in black, about 1300 in silver, 980 in Dark Toreador Red, and 300 something in Blue.

The Blue looks kinda odd, in my opinion.

• 2003 - Total: 7,839 (328 Blue, 417 Silver, 7,094 Black)
    • 2004 - Total: 3,213 (980 Dark Toreador Red, 997 Silver, 1,236 Black)
    Last edited by SilverPhoenix; 11-10-2021 at 10:16 PM.

The ebay car is not the same car as even a quick glance at the two ads reveal. The Utah Car has 20700 miles, the Delaware car has 44000 miles and a different interior.

I'm beginning to think that you Marauder net guys aren't as sharp as I gave you credit for.

The ebay car is not the same car as even a quick glance at the two ads reveal. The Utah Car has 20700 miles, the Delaware car has 44000 miles and a different interior.

I'm beginning to think that you Marauder net guys aren't as sharp as I gave you credit for.
    The colors comment was an in house joke..

As for the EBay add, go ahead and check his history. He never misses a beat to show overpriced adds.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Yet becoming a new member in a community and immediately throwing shade is a genius move...

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    The colors comment was an in house joke..

As for the EBay add, go ahead and check his history. He never misses a beat to show overpriced adds.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPhoenix View Post
    Yet becoming a new member in a community and immediately throwing shade is a genius move...
    Yeah no one here needs to worry about me becoming a member so that I can do a deep dive into your inside jokes and crank member profile histories. That ainÂ’t gonna happen and IÂ’ve got more than enough of that crap already over at CVNet.

It might just be that I signed up to share a marauder sighting with the folks i thought might be interested in it. If I have trod into your sanctum sanctorum uninvited, IÂ’ll be happy to exit stage left.

Bye. You are obviously too righteous for this world. People were interested in what you posted but you were the one that got butthurt...about what I have no clue. One person makes a joke and another makes a mistake with an ebay listing and you respond with an insult. Yeah, I don't think the people on CVNet was the problem, buddy...

Awwww, come on guys. He is only 62... Give him a few more years to mature.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Oh, come on, we are legends in our own minds. All Marauders are black, except for a few days of production when the black painter called in sick.
    BUCKWHEAT 03 MM 300A-August, '02 mfgr, black w/ blue metallic clearcoat, 94,000 miles, Texid stroker 5.0, #15 Kool-Aide w/ SnakeBite porting, Venom cooling, and upgraded to M122, 3873 of 7839

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information