Thread: Working on acquiring one!

Working on acquiring one!

I have always loved Marauders. My uncle had an 03 that he bought new and would give me rides in when he visited Kansas. He sold it before I was able to drive. Since then I have been involved in the Taurus SHO community for years and still have one. They are a very unique front wheel drive 5 speed car. I've been thinking about all the fun I had in the Marauder as a kid and currently have the itch for one. I've been trying to reach out to a member here about purchasing their car but I haven't been able to get a response back. If anyone knows how to get in contact with, Babbage, I would really appreciate it! Just curious if he has sold his car yet.

Thanks
    David

I can't answer your question, but here's one for you. Babbage car runs 13.8 for $10 to $12. Are you interested in going faster? If so, how fast and at what price? I don't recall seeing anyone here thinking about that at time of purchase. I do see people buying their Marauder first and then "let the modding begin". Cost of mods can add up fast.
    BUCKWHEAT 03 MM 300A-August, '02 mfgr, black w/ blue metallic clearcoat, 94,000 miles, Texid stroker 5.0, #15 Kool-Aide w/ SnakeBite porting, Venom cooling, and upgraded to M122, 3873 of 7839

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKWHEAT View Post
    I can't answer your question, but here's one for you. Babbage car runs 13.8 for $10 to $12. Are you interested in going faster? If so, how fast and at what price? I don't recall seeing anyone here thinking about that at time of purchase. I do see people buying their Marauder first and then "let the modding begin". Cost of mods can add up fast.
    Baggage's looks tastfully modded, which peaked my interest, but I could potentially go faster. If there is a car out there that is modded very well, I am willing to pay for it. I do love forced induction. Have something in mind?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by trainguy1989; 12-13-2021 at 04:17 PM.

It looks like Babbage has just been offline for a week, pretty sure his car hasn't sold yet. I'm sure he'll login sometime soon.

I see people on facebook marketplace asking 2 grand less for bone stock rot box examples, his pricing is very fair especially with the work he's done to it. Its also nice that its history is documented on this site, you won't have that luxury buying one from inner city Detroit or Philly.

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Quote Originally Posted by trainguy1989 View Post
    Baggage's looks tastfully modded, which peaked my interest, but I could potentially go faster. If there is a car out there that is modded very well, I am willing to pay for it. I do love forced induction. Have something in mind?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Mine will run low 10’s all day long for $20,000.. Plenty of documentation here over the last 13+ years of being a member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Beware of anyone offering "sweeteners" to get a car sold.

Yeah 13.8 is extremely slow. I'd hold on and spend more cash for a SC Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Mine will run low 10’s all day long for $20,000.. Plenty of documentation here over the last 13+ years of being a member.

Low 10s is extremely impressive. Did I read your signature correctly, you insatlled a manual transmission? Do you have any photos?

Buy justbob's car. If you buy another one you're just going to keep wishing you had bought Bob's.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Quote Originally Posted by trainguy1989 View Post
    Low 10s is extremely impressive. Did I read your signature correctly, you insatlled a manual transmission? Do you have any photos?
    Just Google TR6060 Marauder. Tons of pics floating around out there.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by blazen71 View Post
    Buy justbob's car. If you buy another one you're just going to keep wishing you had bought Bob's.
    No kidding. Just my blower and all of it’s associated add ons cost a touch over $10! Oh, you want fuel? An engine? Yeah, that’s definitely gonna hurt.. LOL

SOLD 12/31/2021

No kidding. Just my blower and all of it’s associated add ons cost a touch over $10! Oh, you want fuel? An engine? Yeah, that’s definitely gonna hurt.. LOL

I'll give ya $8.00 for it.

And the reply with quote function is dorked again...

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post

So after extensive research of your car, I'm quite interested in it. Tried sending a PM but the site said your mailbox is full. I have today off, so if you could give me a call at (316)833-4707 when convenient, that would be awesome! Thanks!

How many miles are on your car justbob?
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by Turbov6Bryan View Post
    How many miles are on your car justbob?
    In the last 5yrs? 10miles
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Buy justbob's. My car runs 11.6 and sells, say, around $17.5k.
    BUCKWHEAT 03 MM 300A-August, '02 mfgr, black w/ blue metallic clearcoat, 94,000 miles, Texid stroker 5.0, #15 Kool-Aide w/ SnakeBite porting, Venom cooling, and upgraded to M122, 3873 of 7839

Thread Information