Thread: Heated seat inop question.

Heated seat inop question.

I am sure this has been addressed or covered in a thread but searching yielded nothing. I contacted CarFixer and he said he remembers a thread so I searched again.

If I turn on EITHER heated seat, the light will illuminate for about a second and go out. It will not illuminate again until the next ignition cycle. Neither seat heats and I've checked all fuse/relay possibilities.

Or have I??

Aside from removing the front seats and door panels I am truly at a dead end. I simply have no clue how to track or trace this circuit.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by BAD MERC View Post
    I am sure this has been addressed or covered in a thread but searching yielded nothing. I contacted CarFixer and he said he remembers a thread so I searched again.

If I turn on EITHER heated seat, the light will illuminate for about a second and go out. It will not illuminate again until the next ignition cycle. Neither seat heats and I've checked all fuse/relay possibilities.

Or have I??

Aside from removing the front seats and door panels I am truly at a dead end. I simply have no clue how to track or trace this circuit.
    Check the following:

#3 25A fuse in the BJB (Battery Junction Box) under the hood, behind the battery

#15 15A fuse in the CJB (Central Junction Box) in the passenger compartment.

PM me if you have any other questions.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I definitely appreciate that! She is hibernating right now but next week we are going to go create some carbon. At first I got the impression that maybe an auto-reset CB was tripping but even in Florida - heated bun warmers are welcome occasionally. I will follow up and see what I can find. The help is always appreciated!
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Well it's been a few weeks and I didn't want your help to go unappreciated. I got under the hood and all was well. However, once I fiddled with the fuse in the passenger compartment - the heated seats began to operate properly. Sir, I owe you a beer!!!! The fuse is good, I believe maybe the connection was a bit too loose to pass amperage.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by BAD MERC View Post
    Well it's been a few weeks and I didn't want your help to go unappreciated. I got under the hood and all was well. However, once I fiddled with the fuse in the passenger compartment - the heated seats began to operate properly. Sir, I owe you a beer!!!! The fuse is good, I believe maybe the connection was a bit too loose to pass amperage.
    mmmm... beer

Thread Information