I bought an 04 DTR Marauder off eBay March of ‘21. It was wrecked from the rear and sold as a salvage/parts vehicle at auction.

The guy I bought it from, said his buddy bought it to use as a chasis swap for an old cord truck. He said he thought it was too nice for that, so he bought it from him and started the repair. IMG_4423.jpg
IMG_4419.jpg
I bought it as an unfinished project. He added some crown Vic tail lights and I drove it home to Texas with zero issues.
I bought it knowing my buddy would be able to finish it for me.
While I waited for him to make time on his schedule for my car, I bought a trunk, filler panel, tail lights and bumper from a really nice gentleman in Michigain.
63898304623__45DEBF42-D549-4325-9C67-9292AF648E06.jpg
After many months of waiting, it finally went to the body shop. Initially I just wanted the car repaired and the paint matched. After going through it and realizing this is an old car after all, we decided on a quickie full car respray.
IMG_5754.jpg
Well, I should have known better. He’s a perfectionist (worse than I am) he didn’t like how the car would turn out so… it turned into a full tear down paint job. Took way longer than I expected (and a little more than I hoped to spend) however, the car came out amazing. It’s not perfect but it looks amazing. It’s the DTR of my dreams for a budget I could afford.
IMG_6349.jpg
Next thing on the list is to polish the wheels, install a radio with Bluetooth and a new set of tires up front.
The goal for this car is for it to replace my 2010 Grand Marquis as my daily driver. I really like my Marquis but, it is a bit too boring for me (even after exhaust, gears, intake etc).

Anyhow, just wanted to make a post to introduce myself, since I’ve been a lurker forever on here.

I’m located in the Rio Grand Valley area south of Corpus Christi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk