Thread: Finally my DTR is back in action

Finally my DTR is back in action

I bought an 04 DTR Marauder off eBay March of ‘21. It was wrecked from the rear and sold as a salvage/parts vehicle at auction.

The guy I bought it from, said his buddy bought it to use as a chasis swap for an old cord truck. He said he thought it was too nice for that, so he bought it from him and started the repair. IMG_4423.jpg
    IMG_4419.jpg
    I bought it as an unfinished project. He added some crown Vic tail lights and I drove it home to Texas with zero issues.
    I bought it knowing my buddy would be able to finish it for me.
    While I waited for him to make time on his schedule for my car, I bought a trunk, filler panel, tail lights and bumper from a really nice gentleman in Michigain.
    63898304623__45DEBF42-D549-4325-9C67-9292AF648E06.jpg
    After many months of waiting, it finally went to the body shop. Initially I just wanted the car repaired and the paint matched. After going through it and realizing this is an old car after all, we decided on a quickie full car respray.
    IMG_5754.jpg
    Well, I should have known better. He’s a perfectionist (worse than I am) he didn’t like how the car would turn out so… it turned into a full tear down paint job. Took way longer than I expected (and a little more than I hoped to spend) however, the car came out amazing. It’s not perfect but it looks amazing. It’s the DTR of my dreams for a budget I could afford.
    IMG_6349.jpg
    Next thing on the list is to polish the wheels, install a radio with Bluetooth and a new set of tires up front.
    The goal for this car is for it to replace my 2010 Grand Marquis as my daily driver. I really like my Marquis but, it is a bit too boring for me (even after exhaust, gears, intake etc).

Anyhow, just wanted to make a post to introduce myself, since I’ve been a lurker forever on here.

I’m located in the Rio Grand Valley area south of Corpus Christi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The paint looks great!!

Thanks for saving it.
    03 Black MM: Trilogy #19, Build Date 04/02/03 #7113
    03 SB MM: Lidio Tune/JLT CAI DD Build Date 04/02/03 #7114

Turned out very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Looks fantastic! Great job saving it!

Thanks everyone, I hate seeing cars get scrapped. Especially if it’s a special car like a Marauder.

I’ll be looking for odds and ends to finish it. Hopefully I can find parts here in Texas.

Currently looking for a full size spare that won’t break the bank.

The wheels are clear coated, treat them like paint and they should clean up the same way

great job with the resto

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Looks good. Happy Maraudering.

Looks great!! Love the DTR....
    2003 Marauder - Stock ..Sort of .. for now..haha

2005 Grand Marquis- not stock..

1951 Mercury (Flathead powered)

2011 F-150 King Ranch 5.0 Coyote

--More of that PPPPLLLLEEAAAASSSSSEEE

That's incredible how the panels were replaced. It's nice to see these saved.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Car looks great nice job
    Ex Panther Owner

So glad to hear of another red one saved. I spun out in my daily DTR on the highway and stuffed the rear into a guardrail 2.5 years ago so hard i broke the seat metal assembly, there is a video of us pulling the frame out some in my signature.
    Car looks great man, congrats on the repair and being a daily driver... i put 19k on my blue last year... 23k since sept a year ago.... 131k to 154k now.. lol
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by Turbov6Bryan View Post
    So glad to hear of another red one saved. I spun out in my daily DTR on the highway and stuffed the rear into a guardrail 2.5 years ago so hard i broke the seat metal assembly, there is a video of us pulling the frame out some in my signature.
    Car looks great man, congrats on the repair and being a daily driver... i put 19k on my blue last year... 23k since sept a year ago.... 131k to 154k now.. lol
    This car was really lucky that the frame was untouched. I think it would have ended up in a junkyard had the frame been bent. No one saves cars these days. I was looking at some parts on eBay and the recycler posted pictures of the marauder complete with no visible damage. No idea why it was being parted out.
    The same business had a bunch of cool cars being parted out.

Its sad that the parts are worth more than the car as a whole is why some part them out. I have dealt with this on other platforms, and regret it parting them. Now i try and not part them out, except when they are damaged beyond repair... i am currently trying to save a red, and a silver... I just work a lot, so it takes me longer. These cars are worth repairing and driving, eventually be worth more and more.. i see it now more than before, and have been paying more for them as time goes on.
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

The only downfall with this car is that it has a rebuilt Texas title which affects resale value. I didn’t buy to resell it so really not a big deal to me.
    I would have liked a silver one only because the paint is easier to maintain.

Zee1nonly... I would have liked a silver one only because the paint is easier to maintain.
    However... a PITA to match-paint when doing (say) panel repairs and/or touch-ups.

Thread Information