Thread: Remote keyless entry RKE inoperable 04 MM

Remote keyless entry RKE inoperable 04 MM

Hi I’m new to the Marauder game but I’ve owned newer Vic’s and Marquis’ for years now. When I got my Marauder, I only got one key from the seller. I bought a Mercury blank from eBay and I had the locksmith cut and program it to the car (with the locksmiths laptop). I asked him to program my key fobs since he was already there. I was previously unsuccessful in programming the RKE fobs following the owners manual instructions and several others I’ve found on this forum.

the locksmith attempts several programming procedures and gave up after 20 minutes of trying to program them. I had brought along with me a known working remote from my 2010 grand Marquis a known working remote from a 06 crown Vic and an eBay fob. None of them paired successfully. The car enters program mode however, no reaction when I press any button on any fob.

I replaced the module with one purchased on eBay (same exact model) and the one off of my Marquis. Same result with both.

im wondering if I’m missing an antena or my circuitry is interrupted somewhere.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also maybe unleaded, I found this plug with nothing connected on the passenger c pillar. IMG_6361.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s been my experience that you need remotes with specific part #s. I know I’ve bought a few over the years for the car and the truck that didn’t work.

Mine is a generic without numbers on the case but maybe someone else can provide the OE numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Thank you, I just placed one on order. I’ll report back with the results.

Remote keyless entry RKE inoperable 04 MM

I’m using ones from eBay or Amazon on the ‘04 F150 and the Marauder that I bought a few years ago. They were super cheap ones at like 2 for $20 and they work fine. It’s just a matter of cross referencing the Ford #’s on your own and never relying on what is claimed to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

03 is different part number from 04.. the part number does matter. I just get into the car , shut the door, cycle the key 3 or 4 times, .PRESS A BUTTON ON EACH FOB Wait 60 seconds and done. Here is a guys video, thats how i do it.... i just let it time out and successful each time. https://youtu.be/l6bOoOPPkZA
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Thanks to everyone’s advice, I ordered the correct part number key fob. It arrived in the mail today (strange when I got the alert on a Sunday) and I was able to program on the first try.

I was so close to just getting an aftermarket alarm system and I’m glad I didn’t.

Now I’m going to sell the OEM ford remote start I have for it. I have no interest in messing with that right now.

From an archived post:

The fobs for most other Ford carlines or later Panthers will not work on a Marauder... Example the ones for my '07 Grand Marquis or '98 Taurus will not work, but they exchange for each other... The ones for my '98 Grand Marquis and Marauder are same, right down to every digit on the back cover...

My previous post on fobs...

I did a little digging and as I suspected, probably half of the ebay sellers don't have a clue what the proper part number or FCC ID is for a Crown Vic/Grand Marquis/Marauder remote(same ones are used for all three in '03 & '04)... Also searched a few past posts and yup there are cases of board members getting the wrong ones, so in this light I decided to post the correct numbers, not everyone has a remote to refer to...

(information on back of remote)

FCC ID : CWTWB1U313

CANADA : 1788 102 352

2003 # F8AB-15K601-BA

FCC ID : CWTWB1U343

CANADA : 1788A-FWB1U343

2004 # 3W73-15K601-AA

Either remote will work for '03 or '04, likely the '04 part number replaces the earlier remote but the '03 version seems to be far more common on ebay(those have been around since 1998)...

Remember if you buy any other remote, it isn't going to work... It's common on ebay for one with FCC ID ending in 331 being listed as a replacement, don't believe it(I've tried those, it ain't happnin')...
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Thread Information