Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Restoring my Marauder...

Restoring my Marauder...

Figured most of you haven't seen their interiors this torn apart so I'd share what mine looks like before the rest goes back together.

https://www.facebook.com/10007535533...5527694199733/

Sorry man, I don’t do the book. But I do recall mine stripped to bare metal and a rather large hole cut in the floor so I can envision yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I don't do FB either, but I do plan on replacing my carpet very soon...I have the carpet, but don't want to try and take on the project alone.

How long did it take to remove seats/console/door trim/etc? Couple hours? Half day? All day?

I've been working in stages, so it was a couple days, plus I have been doing a bunch of wiring as well. But I'd say a few hours to gut enough to do the carpet. Make sure you have a T-30 torx bit to disconnect the 2 seat belt bolts.
    I'd say the most time consuming part is removing the seats, but even that's not that bad.

20220103_155734.jpgUSER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1641249882312_6883900946382259849.jpeg

Heres a pic of it gutted and the wiring done, and the start of reassembly.

Also, if you all have a better suggestion for hosting pics and vids that will work well for posting here, please share your suggestions .

Tapatalk app. One click and done. You chose not to utilize the wiring trays down the sides? I had all my powers on one side and speakers on the other with plenty of room still. Plus you only have to remove the sides and rear seat. I guess this way you can give her a good vacuuming!

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by svtmerc View Post
    I've been working in stages, so it was a couple days, plus I have been doing a bunch of wiring as well. But I'd say a few hours to gut enough to do the carpet. Make sure you have a T-30 torx bit to disconnect the 2 seat belt bolts.
    I'd say the most time consuming part is removing the seats, but even that's not that bad.
    I've had the center console out and the side trim pieces out before for car stereo purposes, just never have removed everything at once before. I have the power wire from battery running up the passenger side and into trunk, RCA cable from head unit to amp in trunk running up the middle, and all other wires needed from front of car to back of car running up the drivers side.

I have the wire channel on the passenger side running the power for the amp and the power for the power distribution block. I put all this wiring in the middle in order to save the drivers side channel for RCA's when I di get the amp and new speakers all around.

Todays progress:

Carpet and back seat sound deadening in.

LED's installed in gauge cluster and reinstalled.

"Real" Autometer conversion completed.

Center console base installed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Restoring my Marauder...

Good for you checking the lamps. When I did mine I didn’t realize LEDS weren’t reversible… Oops, at least I learned something that day. Try to learn something everyday or else life gets dull.

Now go clean your garage. Shame on you!

SOLD 12/31/2021

Yeah, you can see the shifter handle preemptively connected just to make sure the OD light operated too...
    As for the mess of the garage, thats my Pops mess.... although it was even worse a few months ago. I just keep slowly throwing out useless junk when he's not looking.

Modified CHMSL to use factory bulbs and one strobing LED. Nobody will not know that I am stopping now!https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/61d60d0a...5494411521.mp4

Before and after of the oft neglected HVAC vents.

Done for the day...

Super jealous seeing you in a short sleeve shirt leisurely working outside!

Currently -1 here in the western burbs of Chicago. I’ve got a detached garage with zero insulation and just drywall on the walls but I do have a commercial size hanging forced air heater and have had it up to 87* with 18”s of snow outside back when I had to bypass the thermostat once. Oops, no wonder why I was sweating profusely.

Still, it’s a matter of suiting up, going out to start the heater, going back in for 30 minutes, and going back out. First world problems.. I should be thankful to myself for working enough to have what I have but the mood just isn’t there on these cold days. I would more thankful to myself if I worked harder and bought a second home in Florida!!

SOLD 12/31/2021

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information