Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Restoring my Marauder...

definitely would like to drop that front down... I can't believe that it would be that high after 20 years and not sag down.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah I’ve never seen one sit that high even with the engine out. That’s no doubt a ford sticker but with them changing part numbers on every part every week it seems and even dealerships seeming to have no clue about Marauders I’d have to think those are way too high of a spring rate or wrong year part? Are you the original owner?

I did notice your rear is lowered to around where mine sat. I remember when I cut a full coil off my front springs I lowered my rear way too far I noticed the front start to raise a tad. I raised it back up to about where yours is at and the front settled to just kissing the tire tread after a couple of days of driving. But yours seems just way off the charts high even for new springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

What size are the tires in the front? What kind of shocks?

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Yeah I’ve never seen one sit that high even with the engine out. That’s no doubt a ford sticker but with them changing part numbers on every part every week it seems and even dealerships seeming to have no clue about Marauders I’d have to think those are way too high of a spring rate or wrong year part? Are you the original owner?

I did notice your rear is lowered to around where mine sat. I remember when I cut a full coil off my front springs I lowered my rear way too far I noticed the front start to raise a tad. I raised it back up to about where yours is at and the front settled to just kissing the tire tread after a couple of days of driving. But yours seems just way off the charts high even for new springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    According to rockauto reverse lookup, putting that part number in comes up with the marauder. As far as I can tell nothing was ever replaced in the prevoius 100k other than oil and brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPhoenix View Post
    What size are the tires in the front? What kind of shocks?
    stock size... 235/50 18, shocks are all original as well

Quote Originally Posted by svtmerc View Post
    According to rockauto reverse lookup, putting that part number in comes up with the marauder. As far as I can tell nothing was ever replaced in the prevoius 100k other than oil and brakes.

I may be mistaken but I believe 3W73-5310-BA corresponds with the OEM Crown Victoria Police Interceptor heavy-duty front coil springs, which were the tallest coil springs Ford made for the Panther platform. I believe the OEM Marauder part number is: 3W1Z-5310-AA, which is now obsolete, which were the shortest coil springs Ford made, hence the "rake". Many aftermarket companies and even dealers are installing the CV and GMQ front coil springs since the newest part lists don't make the differentiation. This means we have to either cut 1.5" inches off the coil springs or go with a product like ADTR's Ridetech front coilovers to get the OEM height again.

Quote Originally Posted by svtmerc View Post
    For those whom have restored any interrior pieces, what is recommended to restore the OEM color?

There have been a few owners that have had success with SEM Graphite 15303

These threads may help you:

https://www.mercurymarauder.net/foru...tinued-(/page2

https://www.mercurymarauder.net/foru...Paint-Trim-Fix

https://www.mercurymarauder.net/foru...INTERIOR-PAINT

CHECK OUT THE BIG BRAIN ON Ambitious1! You a smart mother******!

Thanks for the info!

Good thing I picked up those used Town Car bags....

Heads up, you can get new Arnott bags. I've been running them in mine including heavy track use since March with no issues. Having new rubber that doesn't have 19 years of set in it's shape is great peace of mind. A2220 is what I have, it's "Limo spec" with an aluminum base instead of the plastic one. Ride quality remains soft and cushiony. You should also post a picture of where your sensor attaches to the watts link, someone could have moved that in the past to give you that squat.

I also recommend the Arnott limo bags with the aluminum base. Just don't pair them with super stiff shocks and polyurethane bushings on your suspension or you will feel start to feel every bump in the road.
    2004 Mercury Marauder, Black
    2008 Crown Victoria P71, Silver
    2010 Crown Victoria P7B, Black
    2010 Crown Victoria P7B, White

Finally Legal!!!

Sent from somewhere near my Marauder using Tapatalk

Although most stuff is obsolete, I work at Sam Galloway Ford retail parts. Let me know if you need anything to help get her back to 100%.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

I will be in touch Kenny

Sent from somewhere near my Marauder using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information