Thread: ride tech coil overs, adjustment help needed

ride tech coil overs, adjustment help needed

Hey Guys,
    I'm doing some final checks the MM before starting it (scheduled for this Wednesday coming). The car has not been started or driven since all the work began.
    The RideTechs in front, from Chris at ADTR went in fine. At the same time, I added the SPC camber bolt mod, which involved shaving out some of the frame/kmember to increase camber adjust.
    (87365 - Camber Adujstment Bolt - Specialty Products Company - YouTube)

Yesterday, using the Ridetech instructions, I went to adjust the Spring height; The curious thing is that the spring retainer nut on one side will not go as high up as the other..about 1.5 cm difference. Using the wrench included the retainer nut that is low cannot easily be moved any higher, yet the nut that is higher up, can be moved farther up still, relatively easily.

Any ideas why this might be the case?

I appreciate the help.
    Thanks
    '03 Silver Birch. Stock rebuilt 4.L 32V DOHC, V7-JT blower w/ADTR racing supercharger kit, Shift kit in transmission, stainless works long pipes and cat backs, Ridetech coil-overs front, shocks in back (ADTR kit). Rebuilt calipers, upgraded front rotors, OEM Mercury wheels, [boost, oil P, WB fuel/air, and fuel pressure] gauges. Build duration was Dec 2019 to Mar 2022. 8 rib serp belt upgrade i/p.

I probably should have mentioned that I had the front kmember/suspension completely out of the car as well, in order to change the oil pan.
    '03 Silver Birch. Stock rebuilt 4.L 32V DOHC, V7-JT blower w/ADTR racing supercharger kit, Shift kit in transmission, stainless works long pipes and cat backs, Ridetech coil-overs front, shocks in back (ADTR kit). Rebuilt calipers, upgraded front rotors, OEM Mercury wheels, [boost, oil P, WB fuel/air, and fuel pressure] gauges. Build duration was Dec 2019 to Mar 2022. 8 rib serp belt upgrade i/p.

I remove the entire coilover to make adjustments. It's only 2 bolts to remove and makes spinning the adjustment nut very easy.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Blazen, that is what I wound up doing, except I popped the UCA off as well...
    Thanks
    -KK

Did you have to shave a lot off the kmember to get the SPC camber bolts to work?
    2004 Mercury Marauder, Black
    2008 Crown Victoria P71, Silver
    2010 Crown Victoria P7B, Black
    2010 Crown Victoria P7B, White

Quote Originally Posted by JVD View Post
    Did you have to shave a lot off the kmember to get the SPC camber bolts to work?
    SPC has install video. It is slotting the hole
    https://www.spcalignment.com/index.p...tion&pid=87365
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Thread Information