Thread: 2003 Marauder Motor Options

2003 Marauder Motor Options

Hello. New here looking for advice and recommendations.

I acquired a 2003 Marauder in which the motor spun the main crank bearings due to insufficient oil quantity, and I am not sure how to proceed. The car has now been sitting for several years, aside from when I purchased it and had it towed to my house. The motor has been pulled and is now in my garage, partly disassembled.

What I want in the end is to have a docile and reliable stock motor (or slightly more HP) that has explosive acceleration when desired. For that I've decided that what I want to do is have a stock motor (or similar with equal or slighly more HP) with the addtition of a supercharger.

To get there, should I:

Rebuild the existing motor?

Rebuild existing with forged internals?

Buy used 2004 Maruader motor with trans (and PCM) in order to get the 4R75W trans as well (mine has 4R70W)?

Buy some other motor? Junkyard? Crate?

I've contacted a few people about rebuilding my exisitng motor, and one told me that considering the reason the exisitng motor failed, its block should be scrapped. Other's didn't say this, so I question its legitimacy.

Any input and suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

My motor did the same thing oil pump went out. I was told motor is junk get another motor. I found the Aviator motor for my replacement. I need to find someone here in NC to put it in for me.

What is your budget? That will determine best mods
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

^^^Ain't that the truth

For the motor itself, let's say $6,500

If planning to supercharge at a future date, recommend forged rods and pistons at minimum. A strong motor, headers, good exhaust, proper tune from Marty Ochs, 4.10 gears, 3000 stall converter will give reliable daily performance. Supercharging going to add $5000-6000 in parts alone., not including install, tune, and brake upgrade recommended. Larger sway bars, rear control arms and watts link upgrade help in handling. Marty Ochs, MOs Speed Shop in Dallas,GA is the go to for Marauder upgrades within a budget. They can do the work, or set you up with tuning etc. He does not frequent this site really anymore but is regular on Facebook Marauder pages or the shop's page. He is a Stainless Works dealer for headers. My car has been there twice, I'm 680 miles away. I've dealt with them since 2013 on 3 of my cars.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Lay out a firm build plan with a goal not to exceed 40% over the budget. Best advice for Marauders.

Otherwise the waste involved in forged parts or any lowering of the compression ratio will only bring tears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

My advise would be to build the motor with forged internals to about 9:1 compression. Add a supercharger. Get a Marty tune, at his shop or remote. Drive the car and then if you like it start adding all the other stuff. FYI, Marauders don't really move without forced induction.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

We've done junkyard engine swaps, and fully built engines at my shop... and plenty of supercharger installs. It's all about where you want to be in the end. These engines are not cheap to rebuild or build. For what you said your goals are, I'd say have your engine built. Forged rods, pistons, balanced, have the heads completely gone through, stock cams (unless you are willing to cough up the cash for some new lumpy cams) and supercharge for sure. These cars love about 10-12# of boost, a mild set up will yield mid to high 400's at the wheel... good for mid to high 11's in the quarter mile with the right tires and gears. FYI, we use Marty O for remote tuning.
    #2941 300A
    4.10's, carbon clutches
    Marty O Tune
    Curless Cure
    Widened Wheels
    Dead Pedal
    Eaton Swapped

Bar tender and maker of:
    Christmas in a cup
    The "Bucket of South Haven Iced Tea"
    One Legged Lesbian Kickboxer
    Cocka Two

Thanks all. Who's a good builder/rebuilder on the east coast, mid-atlantic area?

MO's Speed Shop..Marty Ochs..He does not frequent MM.net They are in Dallas,GA (NW Atlanta) Book time in advance, they are usually 3+ months lead time.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Thread Information