Thread: Forscan help

Forscan help

Not sure if this should have gone here or the "tuning" section so if it needs to be moved I apologize.

Can someone give me the quick and dirty on Forscan? I've owned a handful of Panthers but never looked into getting Forscan. With the Marauder and all of the power options/air suspension/etc (stuff I'm not used to because I've always owned P71's) I'd like to have a laptop and some dedicated and detailed software to be able to better diagnose and repair whatever comes up.

I've heard of Forscan, I know it requires an OBD2 dongle of some sort but my questions are:

1.) Where do you get the program
    2.) Is there a special release version that is best for the Marauder?
    3.) Which is the best "dongle" to get for reliable use?
    4.) Any various tips and tricks would be appreciated

I have a Panasonic Toughbook running windows XP (I can't remember) that I have used for car stuff in the past. I also have access to a "newer" (newer than the Toughbook) Toshiba laptop running windows 7 or 8 that I may replace the aging Toughbook with. Any help would be appreciated. Google searches were so voluminous I didn't know where to begin. It's be nice to get a quick rundown from a Marauder person. Thanks.
    2003 Marauder 300A #1782 of 7093 | (SOLD - Gone but not forgotten)

OK so I found this video:

Forscan 101 what is it how to begin where to buy how to start tutorial basics - YouTube

Which seems to be a pretty good start. If anyone here has anything to add, I'd be more than happy to hear suggestions or tips. Thanks.

Had to read that title twice.

There are very few modules that can be written/modified on a marauder/Vic/marquis. That said, ForScan is free, you can use an inexpensive pass through device and read/clear codes. You can do very little on the panther platform with this device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    Had to read that title twice.
    Straight were my mind goes whenever I read that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    There are very few modules that can be written/modified on a marauder/Vic/marquis. That said, ForScan is free, you can use an inexpensive pass through device and read/clear codes. You can do very little on the panther platform with this device.

Thank you.

This is the bluetooth dongle I use, works perfect, many others use it for forscan as well. It also comes with a free phone app that can pull trouble codes (including mode 06 and 09) which is nice

https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-Bluet...s%2C101&sr=8-3

Spectragod is correct that not much can be done programming wise on these cars. Off the top of my head you can program new keys as well as program a new code for the number pad on the drivers door using forscan. I haven't hooked mine into a panther in a while but forscan has a lot of nice test modes for things.

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Is it even worth using Forscan then?

I already have a nice bluetooth OBD2 dongle and I pay for the "AutoDoctor" which is a really nice, feature rich app on my iPhone to do code stuff on my daily and the wife's car.

Quote Originally Posted by Prospect62 View Post
    Is it even worth using Forscan then?

I already have a nice bluetooth OBD2 dongle and I pay for the "AutoDoctor" which is a really nice, feature rich app on my iPhone to do code stuff on my daily and the wife's car.
    If your other cars are ford’s and you want to enable features, then yes, it’s worth it.

I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Thread Information