Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Marauders at Carlisle" Group Rate Hotel Reservations. Book Now for 6/2 - 6/5/22

Quote Originally Posted by N40GL View Post
    Hey guys - need a little advice...
    Do you know about a website called gasbuddy.com? If not, check it out; I just did and it looks like once you get out of CA, the price of gas will decrease. Looks like Kansas/Oklahoma has the cheapest gas...possibly as much as $2/gal cheaper than CA. Interstate 40 will take you right through there. I've used this website a lot to find where the cheapest gas is en route on trips...it's updated at least daily.

We're thinking of shipping out and driving back. Shipping one way through Intercity Lines is about $2K. I need to find someone to "receive" it when it arrives, and do a walkaround to make sure a cement mixer didn't hit the trailer during shipment. Then we can drive back and see Route 66, for example. I want my wife to meet Kenny and Cari Brown, and Steve and Carol Babcock, so "see the sights" is pertinent.

"That's what." - She

Kenny Brown Mercury Marauder 'S' - Kenny Brown Signature Edition #10 of 10
    Silver Birch #126 of 4,453
    Mercury Division, Ford Motor Company, Panther/Marauders #7,221 of 7,839

MercuryMarauder.Net Member #111 (!)

Quote Originally Posted by N40GL View Post
    We're thinking of shipping out and driving back. Shipping one way through Intercity Lines is about $2K. I need to find someone to "receive" it when it arrives, and do a walkaround to make sure a cement mixer didn't hit the trailer during shipment. Then we can drive back and see Route 66, for example. I want my wife to meet Kenny and Cari Brown, and Steve and Carol Babcock, so "see the sights" is pertinent.
    That sounds like a great plan, Mark. BTW I'll be at Shell Beach starting June 8 and would love to see you and Michele out there as well!
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Just an FYI.....Group Block Release Date: Reservations must be received by 4/21/2022

Get a room!

Guys, I've been wrestling with this decision now for a couple of weeks, and I'm afraid I'm going to bow out this year. The costs to get there (which have probably risen 10% since I started typing this) are just making it astronomical. Airfare is costly and rising, and vehicle shipping companies aren't committing to a firm price because of fuel costs. That, plus the difficulty of getting time off from work at a critical point in our fiscal year (I work for a Bank, and in June we are right in the middle of annual state and federal audits) just make this too difficult to pull together. I miss all you folks in the Marauder community and would dearly love to see you, whether Carlisle or elsewhere. But it isn't in the cards for 2022. I hope I can make it all work in the very near future. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Denmark View Post
    That sounds like a great plan, Mark. BTW I'll be at Shell Beach starting June 8 and would love to see you and Michele out there as well!

"That's what." - She

Kenny Brown Mercury Marauder 'S' - Kenny Brown Signature Edition #10 of 10
    Silver Birch #126 of 4,453
    Mercury Division, Ford Motor Company, Panther/Marauders #7,221 of 7,839

MercuryMarauder.Net Member #111 (!)

Sorry, Mark, that it won't work out for you this year -- will miss you, but hope sometime we all can get a meet-up somewhere......

Connie and Jack
    #46 of a build of 3214
    #39 of 980

SCT Xcal3 Mo's Speed Shop Tune
    JLT CAI
    Tinted Windows
    SS Inserts

^^^What she said! I'm sorry too, Mark but completely understand. We will miss you but look forward to the next time! (Maybe we can get Jack and Connie out to California for a mini meet ) But if you guys should be up my way in June...you know where to find me. Dinners on me. Give my love to Michele!
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Checking on what is needed - tent, for sure. Tables? If so, how many? I need to send the form in. We pay for the tent if we don’t get 25 to register.

Mary

Hi Bunny. Don't have any idea how many folks are registered for the showfield. We're not on Facebook so not in that loop. Paula can check how many people booked rooms at The Central. I imagine 2-3 tables would be useful. Our room hotel room block cut-off date is coming up fast on April 21. Any chance you might come down? Would be great to see you.

Tent is great!!!! I am old and can't sit in sun -- thank you for the tent!!!!
    #46 of a build of 3214
    #39 of 980

SCT Xcal3 Mo's Speed Shop Tune
    JLT CAI
    Tinted Windows
    SS Inserts

Update on Marauders at Carlisle Hotel Block. Ms. D just got off the phone with The Central Hotel. *There are 6 rooms available for Thursday night, 8 rooms available for Friday night and 8 rooms available for Saturday night.
    The cutoff date to book your room from the block is APRIL 21. That's coming up fast so hope more of you will join us at The Central Hotel and especially at Carlisle All Fords National.

*As of now, 2 rooms are booked Thursday, and 4 rooms are booked both Friday & Saturday.
    Group Dinners: As usual, we'll make a group reservation to go to Texas Roadhouse for dinner Thursday night, Fiesta Mexico Friday night and Lancaster Brewing Company Saturday night. Everyone is welcome to come out to dinner, regardless of where you're staying. Just check in ahead of time with me or Ms. D if you'll be there. Last minute is OK too.

The cutoff date to book your room from the block is APRIL 21! Get a room!

There are just 14 days left to reserve your hotel room at The Central Hotel in Harrisburg,
    for Carlisle All Ford National 2022 this June. We would love to have you join us! You don't need to be an mm.net member and you don't need to own or bring a Marauder (but if you have one please do ) Everyone is welcome and we hope you'll be there with us!
    See post # 1 for all the details. Book 1, 2, or all three nights. You can cancel up to 72 hours prior to your arrival so there's nothing to lose!

If you need more info or assist getting your room, please get in touch with me or Mr. Man, by phone or PM. We'll be happy to help.
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Just to remind you that the last day to book your room from Marauders at Carlisle group block is just 7 days away on April 21. See post 1 for all the details!

3 days and counting.... before our Marauders at Carlisle group rate at The Central Hotel and Conference Center expires. Come on and join us at Carlisle All Ford Nationals in June. Post 1 has all the hotel details and direct link to make a reservation.

Book your room by April 21 for the group discount! Look forward to seeing you there!
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Last Call! Marauders at Carlisle hotel room block expires today, April 21. Hope you booked your room, but if not not.... you can do it today.

*Even if you're still on the fence you can book your room today without risk and if needed just cancel 72 hours prior to your arrival date.

Look forward to seeing everyone there!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information