Thread: Re: Advice Requested / Double-Din Stereo

Arrow Re: Advice Requested / Double-Din Stereo

I would like to ask for some experience information. Has anyone installed the Alpine ILX-W650 in their Marauder? If so, what were your positive and negative experiences? Any issues with retaining steering wheel controls? Any other issues? Thank you in advance.

I installed a Pioneer DD and used an adapter to still use the steering wheel controls. I believe these will work: Pac Audio PAC SWI-PSv1 or PAC SWI-RC or Axxess ASWC-1
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Double DIN will fit nicely in these and as an ex installer of 19 years I have some tips regardless of the brand. When making the connections you CAN use the OE woofer and it will sound much better if using the subwoofer controls on the new radio. Also, set the crossover roll off point to ~100Hz and 12dB/octave. If using deck power on the 4 speakers, utilize crossover points if available. Use a 5 volt adapter to trigger the OE amplifier or use a suitable resistor to prevent on/off pop. The illumination wire in the harness (blue/red) will only show 12 volts if you cover the sunload sensor on the dash. The speed pulse wire for navigation is on the harness, too. It is gray/black.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Thread Information