Thread: Center console bucket...what made that sound?

Center console bucket...what made that sound?

Swapping out my cc bucket (leather padding is cracking/splitting) for a better one and have a couple questions:

-Can the plug-in for the 12v (see picture) be turned at all? I ask because when I unplugged from the one I took out of my car, the little tab for the connector was facing towards the open area, making it easy to depress and remove the connector. On the bucket I'm putting in, that plug has been installed to where the tab faces the wall of the bucket with maybe a half finger-width of space between where the tab on the connector and the wall of the bucket after plugging it in, which would appear to make it more difficult to remove in the future if necessary.

-When I was putting in the replacement bucket I heard the clang of metal on metal...something fell, but I have no clue what it was; I believe it has to do with the stability of the bucket as I noticed it was not seated/fitted very firmly and had some play; I put the original bucket back in to see if there was any difference and it felt loose/had some play when leaned on...it wasn't like that before so that's why I think whatever made that sound of metal on metal has something to do with it. I looked all around and could not find anything, so I guess I'll have to remove the whole damn center console to find what fell. The question is, what is it?

IMG_20220322_155533854_HDR.jpg

Edit: One more thing...the 'felt' or whatever is sprayed on the inside of the bucket...can that be bought at a store? Would like to 're-felt' the bottom of the bucket I'm installing...

Center console bucket...what made that sound?

That metal sound was surely a mounting clip falling off and hitting the metal ductwork under the counsel.

Felt: any fabric store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    That metal sound was surely a mounting clip falling off and hitting the metal ductwork under the counsel.

Felt: any fabric store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I agree... clip falling out. the felt is called "flocking" you spray adhesive and add the flocking... its just loose felt strands and let it dry. Check... i beleive ebay or amazon has kits to do it.

Sent from somewhere near my Marauder using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help guys...ordered some flocking powder last night and will pick up some spray adhesive while waiting for the powder to arrive.

Thread Information