Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doug Demuro reviews the Marauder. Finally.

Doug Demuro reviews the Marauder. Finally.

A few years ago we actually discussed mine and he was insistent of driving one in stock form. He was also dead set on driving a black one. I have ben waiting a LOOOOOONG time. I have not even watched it yet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukMVIY7SAkQ
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Quick boys, get into that comment section! We know those jackets were not optional but standard!
    "Come to me, Superman! I defy you! Come and kneel before Zod! Zod! "

He pretty much nailed 90% of it...

I'd like to throw him the keys to mine...it makes up for what he feels it lacks

Every third or fourth word sounded like he was kicked in the sack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Learned something new, never knew that Lumbar switch was there, own car for a year, now I have to check that.

2003 Marauder Purchased Feb. 2021 from original owner 62,000 miles
    Cylinder Head Cooling Mod from Marty
    K&N Cold Air Intake
    SCT 4 with custom Tune
    Stainless Works Cat Back exhaust with Magnaflow 10416 mufflers
    4:10 gears with Cobra Carbon posi disc and Ford Girdle cover
    Real Oil pressure gauge Autometer
    Morimoto XB LED fog lights from Panther Lights
    Headlight bulbs GTR Lighting Ultra 2.0 from Panther Lights
    TCI Trans. Pan
    Aeromotive 340 fuel pump

That very car is for sale here...

2003 Mercury Marauder for Sale - Cars & Bids (carsandbids.com)

Bids are over $10,000 already with 7 days to go. I almost posted a warning to bidders on the site but hey, a high profile auction like this - it would be good for all of us resale-wise if this thing climbs to the sky.
    2003 Marauder 300A #1782 of 7093 | (SOLD - Gone but not forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by Prospect62 View Post
    That very car is for sale here...

2003 Mercury Marauder for Sale - Cars & Bids (carsandbids.com)

Bids are over $10,000 already with 7 days to go. I almost posted a warning to bidders on the site but hey, a high profile auction like this - it would be good for all of us resale-wise if this thing climbs to the sky.
    Is the seller ("DaveV8") a member here?

I'll be REALLY curious to see where the bidding goes. No reserve too.

R.I.P. SC Cheesehead. You were a good man and I am honored to have known you.

He did a good job on the review overall. Maybe a few too many snickers laughing at his own jokes about the age of buyers of these cars. I don't think he realizes there are a lot of panther enthusiasts that are not retired or in nursing homes.
    I first shopped for a Marauder after owning my 2 of my 4 panthers some 18 years ago, and I still love them.

It certainly would have been nice to see a better preserved example. He never mentioned the exhaust note. Only that it has duals, just like my Town Car - which is completely silent. I never thought the Marauder was supposed to appeal to older driver. Maybe better off financially but I was straight out of a 1995 Taurus SHO when I bought my Marauder used in 2005. I cross-shopped a Cadillac STS, a Nissan Altima SE-R, a Maxima (that goofy longitudinal sunroof), and maybe a few others. I wasn't too fond of this review.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Oy Vey...He reminds me of a mix of Jay Leno and Sheldon Cooper.
    2004 Black Marauder: #2237 Born on 4/1/2004

Eaton Swapped and a bunch of other goodies!

Doug is a fantastic automotive reviewer, but he wasn't enthused (or possibly less prepared) for this review like others I have watched. His overall review was ho hum. That will never elicit passion in the Marauder community. With limited production numbers, we are small and fierce like Spartans!!!
    2003 300A
    Widened Rear Wheels with 295 45 Nitto G2's
    Eaton Swapped by Curless
    Brake Upgrade
    Mo's Tune
    JLT Intake
    Addco Sway Bars
    ADTR Coil Over Suspension
    Metco Control Arms & Watts Link
    SW Headers and Exhaust
    Accessories By FastBlackMerc
    4.10 Gears
    Aeroforce Gauges
    Pantherlights Headlamps

My favorite part of the review was when he said "these cars were never meant to be tossed around on a track, not that anyone would anyways". My 1 year anniversary of doing track days in mine was actually two days ago, and now that I'm in San diego, I'm going to see if I can get him to check it out. With only a couple mods, it's shockingly competent.

Only other issue I had was his comparison to the Impala SS. Yes, 1995 and 2003 are 7 years apart, but what that doesn't capture is that the B body's chassis was produced with no changes from 1977 until the end in 1996, and the front suspension geometry is actually pulled from the second gen camaro, which began production in 1970. The outside dimensions of the Panther Platform frame is similar to the previous gen, but the 2003 redesign truly brought it into the present. Going back and forth between my Roadmaster wagon and the Marauder is a shocking difference in handling. Also, of course a 350ci pushrod motor has more low end torque than a 281ci DOHC motor, and I actually do prefer it's torque curve for daily driving. BUT, the Marauder motor is infinitely more rewarding when pushed hard.

Wow. Sold for $14,000. What do y'all think?

I know people are paying upwards $7,000 for P71s in good condition, especially with the SAP package. So, how does $14k land in the grand scheme of Panther resale?

I would expect if that car was red or blue, or had a flint interior then it may have sold for more.

R.I.P. SC Cheesehead. You were a good man and I am honored to have known you.

All I can say is you see plenty of very nice, sub-100K mile Marauders just like this one on Facebook marketplace every day for around $10,000 give or take.

Would I pay $14,000+ for a Marauder? If I had it, sure for the right one. But that particular car was nothing special as Marauders go.
    2003 Marauder 300A #1782 of 7093 | (SOLD - Gone but not forgotten)

"There's a sucker born every minute." - PT Barnum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information