Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
Curless does not frequent here as often so might not be seen. Shop message is best. Give him time.
Update: I spoke with Curless, and he has just lost his mechanic. He told me that he is trying to find one and has been offering 'stupid money' and has had no luck. So if anyone is interested in being a mechanic, I can give you his number. Or google "Curless Auto".

Curless told me it would be at least three months before he could get to my car, but I asked him to put me in the queue anyway. The car has been sitting for months un-drivable anyway so three months might not be such a long wait.

He also said that he would not be able to properly warrant the work done, because of the high (almost 200K) miles on the engine. He thought the engine should have a complete overhaul. Maybe an engine swap makes more sense than overhauling a 20 year old engine. I doubt that the next owner of this car is going to care that this is a numbers-matching car. If a 7.3 Ford is out of reach, it might be better to use a far more economical LS or even an LT4. Sorry purists.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk