Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: no crank getting desperate,,,

Ok so I had my son help me this am turning the key to the crank position while test lamp was hooked to the positive side of battery testing for ground. With ignition off nothing turn ignition on to crank and light goes on .. I still have the 12 volts when ignition is turned on .. just thought I would post what I tested .. I myself unfortunately am running to work so will get back on this afternoon I hope Thanks again,,

So to clarify

1) it’s getting a ground with ignition

2) it has constant 12v

3) it has keyed 12v

Correct?

If so you should check it all again with a multimeter and make sure it’s actually 12v. If it’s significantly less (like a failing trans range sensor or a partially broken/corroded wire) then it might simply not be enough voltage to jump the relay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Story, have to ask... Have you tried jumper cables or switched out to new battery (to make sure battery is fully charged). Brake safet-Neutral safety switch?

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

yes , switched out battery to make sure it was not a bad cell or something both have more than 12 volts all good don't forget it cranks as it should if you jump out starter relay, but thanks for the input I appreciate any and all thoughts. advice,,

Ok will do hopefully this afternoon.,, Has to be something that I am missing,,

Ok, so it cranks as it should if you jump the starter relay... but it doesn't start? Power (electrical), gas, air. All of Your CIA intake is secure and no leaks? You have checked the Scraeder Valves and have gas pumping to the motor... I am still at the brake safety nuetral switch... or the starter relay. Change out the relays or swap them?

Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

I had a crazy no start, and it was the brake safety switch thing, at the brake peddle. Made no sense whatsoever ever... everyone was stumped. I changed it AND the relay, and issue disappeared. It wasn't logical nor straightforward. Also, rock car in gear front to back, N to D.

ok yes if you put key in ignition turn it all dash lights will go on and fuel pump will prime turn the key all the way to crank and no crank leave ignition on and remove starter relay go from 12 volt side to solenoid wire and it fires right up and runs perfect to shut off just turn key to off position and car shuts down.. I have changed the neutral safety switch with a brand new one made sure it was installed correctly and aligned as it should be and same results?? , Then a friend lent me one from a know running marauder and same results I also changed the ignition column switch the one under gauges over your knee attached to column and same results?? I have checked and rechecked every fuse and relay both in the fuse box under dash board and the pdb by the battery also checked the grounds by the battery and the one that is located under the hood pump on drivers side fender and any other grounds I could find?? when you urn the key to crank from the on position you can see the dash lights change a little as if it were going to crank,, not sure what else to try ?? I do appreciate the input.. Bill

Hey i will give it a shot nothing to loose at this point.. I have tried rocking it and also moved the gear selector in every position possible I will see about the brake relay switch Thank you..

Quote Originally Posted by malibill View Post
    Hey i will give it a shot nothing to loose at this point.. I have tried rocking it and also moved the gear selector in every position possible I will see about the brake relay switch Thank you..
    Have you tried starting it with the gear selector in neutral?

You will need to learn how to diagnose wiring circuits. A wiring diagram will show you the path that the starting circuit follows from the battery to the starter. We can make suggestions but cannot test the circuit over the internet.
    Ex Panther Owner

Still waiting on reply from post 47?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Ok sorry was stuck working late at night yes constant 12 volts keyed 12 volts and getting ground with test light to positive and touch pin under relay also checked the ground by battery box.. So tired i thought I answered it I appreciate all the help I can get , just for the hell of it I switched batterys with my ford van same battery and had exact same results ...

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    I had a crazy no start, and it was the brake safety switch thing, at the brake peddle. Made no sense whatsoever ever... everyone was stumped. I changed it AND the relay, and issue disappeared. It wasn't logical nor straightforward. Also, rock car in gear front to back, N to D.
    Changed it out with brand new one same results but Thanks was worth a shot

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPhoenix View Post
    Have you tried starting it with the gear selector in neutral?
    yes tried every gear..Thanks

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information