Thread: Aviator swap parts list

Question Aviator swap parts list

Now that I have my Aviator engine here I need to make a list of parts needed to install it.
    Heres what I have so far:

Rear head cooling mod
    Intake manifold gaskets
    Cam cover gaskets w/spark plug tube seals
    Exhaust manifold gaskets
    Oil pan gasket
    Rear main seal
    Timing cover seals
    Front crank seal
    Crank pulley bolt
    Timing guides
    Oil filter adapter gasket
    Oil pump
    Oil
    Coolant
    ATF

Am I missing anything?
    Doing the rear main seal, are the flex plate bolts reusable?
    I assume this would be a good opportunity to replace the engine and trans mounts too as they are 20 years old, is there a recommended replacement brand?
    The 2005 Aviator had dual knock sensors, can I plug my harness into the one on the engine or do I need to swap my single sensor over to the new engine.

Any other hints and pointers are welcome from those who have pulled or swapped their engine too.

Thanks guys!

anybody? I want to make sure I have a good parts list before I start getting parts ordered

I have a brand-new MM passenger side motor mount if that helps, say $5 plus shipping?
    BUCKWHEAT 03 MM 300A-August, '02 mfgr, black w/ blue metallic clearcoat, 94,000 miles, Texid stroker 5.0, #15 Kool-Aide w/ SnakeBite porting, Venom cooling, and upgraded to M122, 3873 of 7839

Personally, I'd pop new freeze plugs in just because you're there.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

SVTmerc, I'm looking at this soon. How'd your list go? anything you missed?

SVTmerc,
    When I took my stock '03 MM apart and had the internals rebuilt , the builder did recommend new flex plate bolts. Because I went with a forged crank, the number of bolts went from 6 to 8. I bought ARP from Summit. Not too pricey.
    Might as well replace the O2 sensors.
    Don't wait to do the oil pan...tough job after the engine is back in.
    I'd swap out the PS pump as well if there is any gunk built up on the front drivers side of the dressing
    '03 Silver Birch. Stock rebuilt 4.L 32V DOHC, V7-JT blower w/ADTR racing supercharger kit, Shift kit in transmission, stainless works long pipes and cat backs, Ridetech coil-overs front, shocks in back (ADTR kit). Rebuilt calipers, upgraded front rotors, OEM Mercury wheels, [boost, oil P, WB fuel/air, and fuel pressure] gauges. Build duration was Dec 2019 to Mar 2022. 8 rib serp belt upgrade i/p.

Alrighty, midway through the swap update:
    Thanks to Justin Howes and a sketchy parts Marauder, I acquired the oil pan, pickup tube, timing cover, oil filter mount, and intake so I can keep my OG engine together while it gets rebuilt.

Biggest thing I've noticed so far is the windage tray: the marauder has several studded main bolts for a half-tray in the back and some baffles in the front of the oil pan. The aviator, possibly due to the deeper oil pan, doesn't have those mounting provisions, so I'm going to try using Ford pn BR3Z-6710-B as the oil pan gasket and see what clears. Looks like it will be a better windage tray than the stock Marauder setup anyways. Some timing cover bolts/studs are different between the aviator and marauder, if you can find a full set of the Marauder hardware I'd recommend it. Fuel injectors are the same part number, but the rails are different. Aviators use 4 motor mount bolts instead of 3, but if theyre not completely full of loctite like mine that shouldn't be an issue.

As always, do the timing chain guides per https://www.mercurymarauder.net/foru...des-Tensioners, my aviator engine (supposedly) had 77k miles and had metal showing at the top of the passenger side guide.

Thread Information