Thread: Sketchy H pipe replacement

Sketchy H pipe replacement

20220105_180347.jpgMM new H pipe.jpgMM old H pipe.jpg

Hello,

my MM had what looks like a homemade H pipe...

• 2.25" diameter stick welded to the original 2.0" flanges
    • low grade SS with non SS!!! 2.0" mid pipe . Doesn't even look like exhaust tubing. cracking/rusted at the welds...see pic
    • New H pipe from JEG's $68...2.25"
    • clamps and more clamps ....Del Griffin , former shower curtain ring sales man, now selling muffler clamps would be proud.
    • Looks like a 2.0" stock Crown vic H pipe would have fit. New MM exhausts are nowhere to be found or expensive! SW etc....
    Last edited by Agent2006; 01-06-2022 at 03:39 PM.

Looks like the stock H pipe rusted out
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I don’t understand all the clamps? I mean someone took the time to do the bird mouth cuts and welding so why not weld it all? Unless this is the kit you were referring to and you installed it? Then I understand if you don’t have a welder.

Not sure about a crown Vic H pipe fitment but I do know for a fact the gaskets are not only 100% identical in every way but are also 3-4 times cheaper at some places and stocked vs ordering. Been there more than once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by justbob; 01-06-2022 at 05:37 PM.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

JEGS kit had all the clamps. It's universal so even with the correct pipe 2.25" diameter they don't know the center spacing on your particular car/truck/rod.

The removed pipe was 2.25" with a 1.75"? center section, I have a brand new, stock CV H pipe looks nothing like this. Why would Ford make only the center out of CS pipe and the side sections out of 409 SS...? Looks like a repurposed Mustang set of midpipes to fit the Magnaflows out back. Then: as an afterthought, they wanted a crossover pipe or didn't like the sound of two straight sections, no crossover. Grabbed whatever was in the metal dumpster.

In the exhaust Dept, the Marauder saw something in the way of like 38 different exhausts thanks to management shutting them down on almost every note it put out. Or at least some crazy number. It was literally one of the toughest things for the designer to get approval on and probably the most swapped out parts in testing. So unfortunately it was the very best Managment would sign off on but R&D didn’t go down without a fight at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

There is a full MM cat back on marketplace cheap.

Thread Information