Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OEM Marauder Radio Tuner

Sigh, I just got a call from United Radio. They can't repair the tuner problem any more for the reason I mentioned above: the damaged integrated circuit is no longer available.
    Last edited by SAH62; 11-10-2022 at 11:00 AM.
    Administrator, Mustang 428 Cobra Jet Registry
    Owner, Muscle Car Research LLC
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
    2019 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T AWD
    1970 Ford 428 CJ Mach 1 Mustang
    1995 Chevrolet Impala SS

Quote Originally Posted by SAH62 View Post
    Sigh, I just got a call from United Radio. They can't repair the tuner problem any more for the reason I mentioned above: the damaged integrated circuit is no longer available.
    I’ll check the garage over the weekend, if I find it, it’s yours. No promises, but I rarely throw away perfectly working things.

Plenty of good ones like mine laying around from head unit upgrades from years past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Thank you, that's very generous! I'm definitely interested if you (or anyone else) has one available.
    1995 Chevrolet Impala SS

Oh man I'm bummed about that, I had high hopes. I mean these are pushing 20 years old and in a time when repairing old stuff is the way of the past. Damn shame.

On a side not I ended up installing a CD6 radio from an +05 in my car while waiting for my Marauder radio to be "fixed". The part number is 8W7T-18C815-AA and it works with the sub and steering wheel controls. You will lose the trunk CD changer but you have a 6 disc in the dash now which is more convenient in my opinion. It's a nice sounding radio I must say.
    Last edited by Hg M75; 11-10-2022 at 05:05 PM.
    2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport
    Mods: 21mm rear sway bar, Marauder head unit, Marauder sub/amp, Curless cure, Ford focus fog lamps with Marauder head light switch.

2001 Ford F250 Super Duty XLT: 7.3l nuff said.

2022 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor

2017 Ford Edge Titanium

Hg = Mercury (see periodic table of elements).

Sorry man, looks like I tossed it when I upgraded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I found a shop that can still repair the OE radio tuner: Original Car Audio in Burnsville, MN. They also advertise on eBay. Current cost is $299 plus shipping both ways.

They just repaired mine. The technician I spoke with told me the IC needed to repair the tuner is available, it's just more expensive than it used to be.
    1995 Chevrolet Impala SS

Well this is great news, thanks for the update and I'm glad we found a work around. Is this worth posting as a sticky somewhere so the folks that want to keep the MM original can easily find it?
    Mods: 21mm rear sway bar, Marauder head unit, Marauder sub/amp, Curless cure, Ford focus fog lamps with Marauder head light switch.

2017 Ford Edge Titanium

Why not upgrade to amn aftermarket head units? Bluetooth, NAV (on some), can be integrated to use the steering wheel controls), can play music off a USB or Micro SD card, backup camera, etc.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Why not upgrade to amn aftermarket head units? Bluetooth, NAV (on some), can be integrated to use the steering wheel controls), can play music off a USB or Micro SD card, backup camera, etc.
    I prefer to keep my low-mileage car as original as possible. If you're open to aftermarket modifications, sure, other options are available.
    1995 Chevrolet Impala SS

Here is the latest on my efforts to fix my radio. I dropped it off and about a few weeks later they called and said it was fixed. I picked it up and noticed I had no bass (sub), the DSP button didn't work and my clock was gone but my AM/FM was working. I suspect they swapped the board out with a similar style radio from an '03 Crown Vic as the clock was missing. I returned it and told them the new problems and the said they'd fix it. I picked it up last week and the sub was back, the DSP was working and my clock was back and AM/FM was still working. I thought everything was good....until I turned on my headlights and the display did not dim nor did the buttons light up. I figured this time they swapped it with a Town Car board because the features work but the Town Car provides the dimmer input in a different way than the Crown vic/MM/MGM. So I sent it back once again. I'm beginning to wonder how this will play out. I almost feel like having them return it to its original state (if possible) refund me and I'll send it off to Original Car Audio for repairs.
    Last edited by Hg M75; 02-26-2023 at 01:22 PM.

2017 Ford Edge Titanium

Does anyone know which OE Ford model 6 disc in dash will fit, and use the the steering wheel controls / speakers and sub?

Quote Originally Posted by BadFord View Post
    Does anyone know which OE Ford model 6 disc in dash will fit, and use the the steering wheel controls / speakers and sub?
    The Explorer/Mariner Audiophile is a popular swap but a lot of the OE 6 disc radios from 05-07 with 3 plugs on the back will work.

Quote Originally Posted by BadFord View Post
    Yes, get part number 8W7T-18C815-AA. This has the clock, works with the sub, works with steering wheel controls, has 6 disc in the dash, but will not operator your trunk cd changer if you have one. I have this radio in my CV now while waiting on my OE unit to be repaired. It sounds great and works as it should, aside from losing the trunk cd changer control.

2017 Ford Edge Titanium

I finally resolved this issue, for those still tuned in. After over a year of trying to fix the issue the radio shop eventually had me a refurbished unit sent to me from....United Radio.

2017 Ford Edge Titanium

That escape radio would have been a good choice in the future, glad you finally got yours replaced.
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information