Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel Vapor Tube with Service Port

Quote Originally Posted by BAD MERC View Post
    What is P/N on the blue and white Ford label?

I sold my 339k Marauder year and half ago bought a 17k Marauder to replace it. Old one had a CG hood and i found a replacement lift strut but i want to try the way you did yours.
    Which lift and how did you decide to mount the lift pivot on fender. Thank you.

Fuel Vapor Tube with Service Port

I believe the mock up set came off a junked 2000ish Dodge Intrepid or 300. I believe even the stratus is the same but went for the largest hood. Worked great so I ordered a new set of them as the free struts were worn.

I reused the hood location as is and drilled a 1/4” hole on the fender lips for the new lower mount, basically mimicking the fender mount holes, then installed vertically. I shaved just a tad off two sides of the washer to fit in the fender lip.

I remember the drivers side I had to remove the vacuum storage box to get the nut on the Dodge mount as it was in the way. Then I just mounted it back up was installed.

Placement is everything. Too far forward to achieve factory hood height and they won’t hold up the heavy hood at that angle. Use a C clamp as a stop to find the sweet place. The hood will sit a lot higher up but that’s better for us tall folks. I didn’t even remove the hood on the last engine swap..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by justbob; 11-12-2022 at 06:54 PM.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information